Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

I.3.6 and Staticpages - Frontpage

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
I have installed a test version of I.3.6 on a local machine with view to installing on main server. I entered a staticpage with the name Frontpage and a piece of Java code - this did not display above the Featured article, so I assumed I had made an error and went back to Admin/Static Pages when I clicked the Frontpage to edit the entry the graphic (a banner ad) displayed but there is no Edit button viewing the source reveals nothing but the Java code I entered. Where and how can I get delete the entry. Not sure if I have found a bug. Can't give a URL its on a intranet. Wayne

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
A static page on the front page doesn't have an "edit" link. However, you can always edit it from the Static Pages Admin menu ... bye, Dirk

Filipino

Forum User
Chatty
It was the static pages admin link I was referring too. I deleted it by deleting the sql tables and starting again. I entered the same again and the same problem .... deleted the tables second time. Added the code with a line of text above and below which at least allowed an admin edit but doesn't display graphic. See later post for code that was added on its own. Wayne

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
This response is really late, but I hope it helps. There is no "edit" link or button on the static pages admin page, you want to click the number next to the title of the static page you want to edit delete. Not the best UI, but it's what we have.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content