Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery Block ????

dragonfly

Forum User
Hi, First I love geeklog and second I am trying to figure out :: 1. How to run two blocks with the gallery function. I have them both working but I can't get the second to pull exclusivly from a difrent album. Any help would be apreciate. 2. I would also like to kill the new user login option, anyone know how to do this. 3. Where can I get RDS/RSS news feed information for diferent sorces. Thanks for any help I get. Dragonfly

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As for the new user login: Why do you want to do this? Don't you want users on your site? Or do you want to register them through other means (manually or via the import option)? You could remove the text "Don't have an account yet ..." from the language file - that would get rid of the new user option from the login block. You would also need to change the template file users/registrationform.thtml in every theme you're using. Another solution - depending on what you really want - may be to simply switch on the user submission queue in config.php: $_CONF['usersubmission'] = 1; bye, Dirk

dragonfly

Forum User
Thanks for both suggestions. I want to require people to contact me before I give them access to the blog. That’s one down two to go.

dragonfly

Forum User
I want to make the gldefualt blocks viewable only by loged in users or by just the admin. Is there some where this code can be changed?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No need to change any code - just set the access permissions accordingly for each block. bye, Dirk

dragonfly

Forum User
That would work if I weren’t trying to do it to the anonymous user guest that people get "logged" in as when they go to my sight. Do you have any other suggestions?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sorry, I don't understand the problem. Go to the block editor, set the group (n the dropdown) to "Logged-In Users" and uncheck the "R" flag for anonymous users. Now the block isn't visible to anonymous users any more. Isn't that what you wanted? bye, Dirk

dragonfly

Forum User
Thanks that worked for some but I still have things like:: Block Title: Enabled: Help File URL: include http:// If you leave this blank the help icon for this block will not be displayed Block Name: section_block Topic: All Side: Left Right Block Order: 0 - 255 Block Type: gldefault -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access Rights Owner: Admin Group: Root Permissions: R = read, E = edit, edit rights assume read rights Owner Group Members Anonymous R E R E R R NOTE: members is all logged in members of the site and anonymous is all users browsing the site that aren't logged in. That dosn't have the drop down menu. Any other hints? Apreciate it by the way.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah, sorry, I forgot that the "gldefault" blocks don't have the dropdown. However, they do have the option to hide them from anonymous users. I've used that on one of my sites which is for a closed group of users. The only block you see there (as an anonymous user) is the login block. The other blocks only show up after you log in. I thought that's what you wanted? bye, Dirk

dragonfly

Forum User
Yes thats what I want... Thanks will play with it till I figure it out.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content