Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

No submit/comment for normal users?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I can submit/edit stories when I am an admin. I cannot add comments however. Normal users can't do anything. Basically when you click the preview button there's a page load but it just loads the submit page with all fields empty, so I can't even preview not to mention submit as a normal user. Admin can submit but can't make comments, anyone have an idea of what's wrong with my setup? Running on Mac OS X 10.2.1 /Apache 1.3.26/PHP 4.2.3/MySQL 3.23.52

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This sounds like you have register_globals=off - but you shouldn't be able to submit stories at all then (even as the Admin) ... bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Well. I've checked and rechecked everything I can think of. Also tried disabling the enctype="multipart/blablabla" thing, but it didn't do anything. I really can't understand this. Normal users cant post or comment. Admin users can post but not comment. Normal users can post if I specifically set them to a group that can post though. But posts from Normal users should be sent for review, right? Well nothing gets sent. I've really tried everything, even different browsers. Anyone have ANY idea of what's wrong? Yeah I've checked the register_globals and it's set to On. Just tried for fun setting it to off, and sure that made it so that noone could post anything whatsoever. Turned it on again, and now Admins can post again but nothing else. Everyone else can't do anything. Frustrating for sure. Thanks for otherwise great and free software! /John

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The only other thing I could think of is that there was a problem with the PHP 4.2.3 module for MacOS X (just after the release of PHP 4.2.3). Have you downloaded that module recently? And could you try with the original 4.1.2 module that Apple supplies? FWIW, Geeklog is running without any problems here on MacOS X 10.2.1 / Apache 1.3.26 / PHP 4.1.2 (Apple's version) / MySQL 3.23.51 bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Ok. So I downgraded php to Apple Default install version 4.1.2. Same thing. Nothing changed with the downgrade except for the 4.2.3 libphp4.so was 19 megs(!) and 4.1.2 libphp4.so was like 1.1 megs. Anyway, nothing's changed. Too bad. Yes I did apachectl graceful and apachectl restart and stop/start. Doesn't matter. When doing "<?phpinfo()?>" it says it's 4.1.2 now. /John

Anonymous

Anonymous
Or kind of. I made my own language file with special characters in the preview button. It seems this is a flaw in Geeklog. The special chars get smashed in the GET/POST. Thanks to "dhaun" on #Geeklog for all his help in figuring this out! /John

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content