Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 03:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Config.php Help

Anonymous

Anonymous
In config.php, it says that you have to put in the paths to the location of config.php. Would this be the location on my computer? like C://Desktop/geek? and about were it is on your server? I want my main page to be Geeklog. And the url to my site is rts-warzone.host.sk. What Do i put in?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The paths in config.php should point to the location of Geeklog on your server, of course. If you're unsure about the correct paths, just call up the install script and it will give you a "hint" on the first page about what your paths are. bye, Dirk

geeklog@whatic.c

Anonymous
So - is that path to the directory of "geeklog" where we were told to put everything so it was not in the public accessable area? Or is it to the files that were supposed to be put in our public_html area on the server? I know this sounds so obvious to others...

Anonymous

Anonymous
The inaccessable area. GF

Anonymous

Anonymous
Where the config.php is.

geeklog@whatic.c

Anonymous
Now - I am close! I have managed to get the install past the point where it loads the db, etc, but halts with an error: Template Error: set_root: /home/whaticco/geeklog/layout/Smooth_Blue/ is not a directory. Halted. Any help on this - It most certainly is a directory, so I must be addressing it wrong... Help Smile

Anonymous

Anonymous
I thought I replied to this thread earlier today? I am having the same exact error message... I know its something stupid I am doing with the paths, but I have not been able to figure it out. I also can not log on here. The page just refreshes when I try. Riko

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content