Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 04:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

4 questions

Scotsman

Forum User
[1] How do I change the "read more" link on the page to "click here to read more" or whatever? [2] Is there a way so that when someone submits a comment it doesnt preview first? My visitors are sometimes a little bit too stupid to figure that out. Also on that note, could there be a way to show the visitors IP? [3] If someone puts $50 in a post it doesnt show up. Any way to fix this? [4] Is there a newbies guide to geeklog anywhere, or a manual documenting this kind of stuff that I just dont know about? Many thanks in advance.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

1) The actual word are in the language file (english.php). If you want to change something else, e.g. remove the word count, see this story.

2) How's your German? ;-) We discussed that over on geeklog.info a while ago. Basically, in both submit.php and comment.php there is a test if the current mode is "preview" and only if it's not, then it will set the variable {save_button} or {save_option}, respectively.

To display the IP, you would need to add a new variable in submit.php / comment.php and the template files as well. Something like

Text Formatted Code
 $storyform->set_var('ip', $REMOTE_ADDR);
would do (in submit.php) and would let you use a variable {ip} in the templates.

3) Upgrade to Geeklog 1.3.6, it's fixed there.

4) This is really all the documentation we have. Plus the 1300 stories on this site, of course :-)

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content