Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 10:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

help on gallery

dude77

Anonymous
i am getting this error after following blaines instructions on the gallery intergration. i am using gallery 1.3.1 and geeklog 1.3.5. Fatal error: Class loggedinuser: Cannot inherit from undefined class abstract_user in /var/www/html/public_html/gallery/classes/LoggedInUser.php on line 22 I just dont know what it is.

efarmboy

Forum User
Can you check a few things: 1) The new UserDB.php and User.php files are in the directory gallery/classes/geeklog 2) Your directory and files are accessible by your webserver. Verify or open up access to all files and directories. 3) Have you modified the path at the top of the UserDB.php and User.php files for the Require_once stmt to read in the geeklog lib-common.php file. The full path is required. 4) Do you get this error logged in as a user admin and non user 5) Delete all cookies to your browser, close down all browsers and retry the site login again. Note: I'll delete the duplicate story you posted to my site and just reply here . Blaine

dude77

Anonymous
well i deleted the gallery directory and decided to restart once more the gallery inegration proccess. This time it gives me thisRazzarse error: parse error in /var/www/html/public_html/gallery/config.php on line 44 Gallery needs Reconfiguration Your Gallery configuration was created using the config wizard from an older version of Gallery. It is out of date. Please re-run the configuration wizard! In a shell do this: I've triple checked everything. Followed the instructions step by step. read and reread them. I know i am not dumb. hhmmm.

Anonymous

Anonymous
here is my config.php from gallery. it started witht the error at line 36. <? /* * Gallery - a web based photo album viewer and editor * Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Bharat Mediratta * * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at * your option) any later version. * * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but * WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU * General Public License for more details. * * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software * Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. */ ?> <? /* * Protect against very old versions of 4.0 (like 4.0RC1) which * don't implicitly create a new stdClass() when you use a variable * like a class. */ if (!$gallery) { $gallery = new stdClass(); } if (!$gallery->app) { $gallery->app = new stdClass(); } $GALLERY_EMBEDDED_INSIDE = "geeklog"; $GEEKLOG_DIR = '/var/www/html/public_html/gallery/classes' /* Version */ $gallery->app->config_version = 30; /* Features */ $gallery->app->feature["zip"] = 0; // (missing <i>zipinfo</i> -- it's optional, missing <i>unzip</i> -- it's optional) $gallery->app->feature["rewrite"] = 0; // (missing <i>GALLERY_REWRITE_OK</i> -- it's optional) $gallery->app->feature["mirror"] = 0; // (missing <i>mirrorSites</i> -- it's optional) /* Constants */ $gallery->app->galleryTitle = "Gallery"; $gallery->app->pnmDir = "/usr/bin"; $gallery->app->highlight_size = "200"; // optional <i>zipinfo</i> missing // optional <i>unzip</i> missing $gallery->app->use_exif = "/var/www/html/public_html/jhead-1.8/jhead"; $gallery->app->movieThumbnail = "/var/www/html/public_html/gallery/images/movie.thumb.jpg"; $gallery->app->albumDir = "/storage2/albums"; $gallery->app->tmpDir = "/var/www/html/public_html/tm/"; $gallery->app->photoAlbumURL = "http://www.forgiven2.org/gallery"; $gallery->app->albumDirURL = "http://www.forgiven2.org/gallery/albums"; // optional <i>mirrorSites</i> missing $gallery->app->showAlbumTree = "no"; $gallery->app->cacheExif = "no"; $gallery->app->jpegImageQuality = "95"; $gallery->app->timeLimit = "30"; $gallery->app->debug = "no"; $gallery->app->use_flock = "yes"; $gallery->app->expectedExecStatus = "0"; $gallery->app->sessionVar = "gallery_session"; $gallery->app->userDir = "/storage2/albums/.users"; $gallery->app->pnmtojpeg = "pnmtojpeg"; /* Defaults */ $gallery->app->default["bordercolor"] = "black"; $gallery->app->default["border"] = "1"; $gallery->app->default["font"] = "arial"; $gallery->app->default["cols"] = "3"; $gallery->app->default["rows"] = "3"; $gallery->app->default["thumb_size"] = "150"; $gallery->app->default["resize_size"] = "640"; $gallery->app->default["fit_to_window"] = "no"; $gallery->app->default["use_fullOnly"] = "no"; $gallery->app->default["print_photos"] = "shutterfly"; $gallery->app->default["returnto"] = "yes"; $gallery->app->default["showOwners"] = "no"; $gallery->app->default["albumsPerPage"] = "5"; $gallery->app->default["showSearchEngine"] = "yes"; $gallery->app->default["useOriginalFileNames"] = "yes"; $gallery->app->default["display_clicks"] = "yes"; $gallery->app->default["public_comments"] = "yes"; ?>

efarmboy

Forum User
Have you also tried to add the Gallery Random Photo Block? Can you just the note the line with the error - it's not easy to tell line 44 in that dump of code and comments. Parse errors are usually related to code that has been changed, missing quote or semi colan. Was Gallery working and tested before you started to integrate - did you create an album and add photos as an example.

Anonymous

Anonymous
sorry about that. gallery was definitley woking before intergration. Idid create an album. $GALLERY_EMBEDDED_INSIDE = "geeklog"; $GEEKLOG_DIR= '/var/www/html/public_html/gallery/classes' /* Version */ this line 36 were the error started, $gallery->app->config_version = 30; could it be the editor of which i am using to edit these pages. I am using wordpad. tried word.

efarmboy

Forum User
The config.php lines look fine. It definitely could be your editor inserting characters. Try downloading phpEdit - here and using it.

Blaine

ScottMcW

Forum User
Chatty
I'm getting a similar error (yet different!) on my attempt to integrate Gallery 1.3.1 with GL 1.3.6.

First off, here's the error message

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/scottmcw.com/httpdocs/gallery/config.php on line 71

Here are some notes. I had Gallery working fine beforehand. I've double check all of my paths and they seem to be good. None of this is upgrade...it's all fresh installs. I've gone through everything mentioned in this thread and it's not working!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm sure (given the date on this post) that you figured this out... but there appears to be a missing semicolon at the end of the second variable line... starts with $Geeklog_Dir... Hope this helps someone...

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content