Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 30 2024 @ 11:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Paths

Anonymous

Anonymous
The requested URL /users.php was not found on this server. I know this has something to do with the path... Could anyone give me an example on where to put all of the files (im using smartftp if that helps)

Anonymous

Anonymous
Put everything in the "public_html" directory in the directory where you have your index.html (home page). Put the rest in a directory above that e.g., say your public html directory (the one with your index.html)is in /var/usr/www the put the rest of the files in /var/usr you can use sudirectories for the files if you want e.g., /var/usr/www/geeklog and /var/usr/geeklog but you have to change a few paths search geeklog foe "Installation as subdirectory" PS you don't need to use the directory included in the GL download (i.e., public_html). Good Luck

Anonymous

Anonymous
If you have Unix Shell access (telnet) I’d recommend that you ftp (upload) the geeklog.tar file in BINARY mode to a temp directory (e.g., /path/to/temp/) on your server. Use the shell command “tar –zxvf geeklog.tar” This will decompress the directory structure correctly into the current directory and won’t corrupt any of the files the way ftp will if you fail to use ASCII or BINARY mode appropriately. You can then simply cd to the “/path/to/temp/geeklog/public_html” directory and issue the Shell command “cp –Rpv . /path /to/www/”, this will copy the contents of the directory you are currently in to /path/to/www/ , cd to the “/path/to/temp/geeklog/” directory and issue the Unix Shell command “cp –Rpv . /path/to/”, this will move the remaining files to /path/to/ which is out of the publicly accessible web directory and the correct location for them. As mentioned previously, to keep thing more organized you could use sub-directories for the files (i.e., /path/to/www/geeklog and /path/to/geeklog), however this will require a couple of changes to the config.php ======================================== Authored by: Dirk on Friday, August 30 2002 @ 02:58 PM PDT Of course you can install Geeklog in a subdirectory. We just assume that installing it in the root is the most common situation. Just follow the advice given and place whatever is outside of Geeklog's public_html directory also outside of your document root so that it is not reachable via a URL. Then you just need to set up $_CONF['path'] so that it points to where you put config.php and $_CONF['path_html'] to point to your subdirectory. bye, Dirk ======================================== Even Better Luck:-))

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content