Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

"Can't add or edit stories" a new Fix!

Anonymous

Anonymous
Like many of us, I was faced with the classic "can't add or edit stories" problem... I just figured out how to fix it. All you need to do is set $_CONF['maximagesperarticle'] to 5 (in the config.php file, under story settings), This will only alow up to 5 images in a news post but hey, it's better then nothing!. -Valo

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I doubt that this is really the fix to that problem that some people are having ... Anyway, there's one point here: You can not set $_CONF['maximagesperarticle'] to a number greater than 5 (since there is a hard-coded limit of 5 in the upload class that this number is checked against). So if you've changed this value and experience problems, it may be worth a try to set it back to 5 (or less). bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah I know... but for some people, this may be the problem... -Valo

acpaulley

Forum User
Junior
My 'maximagesperarticle' as already set at 5 and I am unable to add stories. I just don't understand why there should be any difference with stories as there is why EVERYTHING else about the code... I can add everything else -- why not stories?! Aaron

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The problem is with the upload method used (the enctype="multipart/form-data"Wink. This is only used in the Admin version of the story editor. It seems to cause problems on some setups, but we have been unable to figure out why ... bye, Dirk

Rainier

Anonymous
Correct, This problem seems to be solved when 'File uploads' are enabled on the server you're working on. Otherwise the article won't be submitted because the command "post" doesn't work.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content