Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 10 2024 @ 11:26 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Everything works but???

solarisworld

Anonymous
okay here's the scenario: After reading the INSTALL help file about 10 times and getting the install script to work, it installs and well almost works... Background Info: Running Windows XP Professional on a DSL link, Apache/1.3.26 Server, MySQL 3.23.52-nt, PHP Version 4.2.3 and all works fine because I am running phpMyAdmin with no problems. Now schedule.php works fine (http://solarisworld.myip.org/schedule.php) and other similar links work OK also. However NO users can login, not even myself, it keeps saying that the login credentials are incorrect. Even attempting to signup as a new user say I have an incorrect login! I had to also copy over the /public_http directory to a branch off my root to get the images to show up properly on first visit, which seemed strange, but everything seems to be running OK except for the login routines. Any suggestions? If anyone needs more clarification, please let me know, I'll answer you right away.... Thank In Advance, Sean Vaandering

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I would assume you have register_globals=off in your php.ini. Please check that (the install script should have warned you about this, actually). bye, Dirk

solarisworld

Anonymous
I figured that that might be an issue, and thought that it should be changed. I have changed php.ini to read... ; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require ; register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead ; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. register_globals = On ; This directive tells PHP whether to declare the argv&argc variables (that ; would contain the GET information). If you don't use these variables, you ; should turn it off for increased performance. register_argc_argv = On So it isn't that, and register_globals was allready on, so I'm not sure whats causing this... any other suggesions?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content