Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, September 01 2024 @ 01:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Configuration problem

KyotoNils

Anonymous
I am doing a first install of 1.3.6 on a new domain. When I click "next" for the second page of the install screen, I get: Fatal error: Failed opening required '/home/kyotown/www/www/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kyotown/www/www/system/lib-database.php on line 105 I'm a total noob with databases, but I'm sure I can figure it out when I get my hands dirty.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This has nothing to do with databases - it's just your path that is wrong. Check what you have for $_CONF['path'] (in config.php) carefully. For example, are you sure that having "www" twice in your path is correct? bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
aye I agree having 2 www is prob your pathing problem. Most hosting services use this name and or public_html, both refer to the same directory in most cases. You could probably use either or

KyotoNils

Anonymous
Thanks, Dirk and Anonymous, it was indeed the path. I had left the last (local) directory /geeklog/ on the pathname, even though I uploaded it directly to my server directory. I'm a little concerned because the install script was looking for the success file in a different place, and now my home page at: http://www.kyotown.com/public_html/ features a lot of broken image links and running the php check tells me to chmod all the files to 775, but it recognizes that I have already done that. Testing logs directory /home/kyotown/www/www/logs/ ... Could not open error.log and access.log for writing. Please check that you have set the logs directory and the files error.log and access.log in that directory to chmod 775. Current permissions for logs:  775 Current permissions for error.log:  775 Current permissions for access.log:  775 Testing backend directory /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html// backend/ ... Could not open the RDF file /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html/ backend/geeklog.rdf for writing. Please check that you have set both the backend directory and the geeklog.rdf file in that directory to chmod 775. Current permissions for backend:  775 Current permissions for geeklog.rdf:  775 Testing userphotos directory /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html/ images/userphotos/ ... Could not write to /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html/images/ userphotos/. Please make sure this directory exists and is set to chmod 775. Current permissions for userphotos: 775 Testing articles directory /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html/images/ articles/ ... Could not write to /home/kyotown/www/www/public_html/images/ articles/. Please make sure this directory exists and is set to chmod 775. Current permissions for articles: 775 Results: 4 of 4 tests performed: 0 successful, 4 failed. Test failed! Warning! Your Geeklog site is not set up properly. Please fix the errors listed above!

KyotoNils

Anonymous
with the images, and the broken links, it seeme to be begging me to empty the contents of my geeklog-supplied "public_html" folder into the root level of my site. Correct?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yes, the contents of public_html should go into the document root of your site. There's actually a paragraph in the install instruction that explains just that (in the "Pre-installation checklist"Wink ... bye, Dirk

KyotoNils

Anonymous
Thanks, Dirk, I think everything is working smoothly, now. Now I have to go about customizing my site. I'm really looking forward to this work. Thanks again very much. I think a lot of HTML jockeys like me who don't understand server technology make the same mistakes in setup, judging by the Help thread. I'm very lucky that you helped me so generously. thanks, nils http://www.kyotown.com/

Anonymous

Anonymous
You need to revisit your documentation, because I do not see such a statement regarding the copying(?) or moving(?) of public_html contents to the webserver's root directory. I am very dissappointed that months after trying GL (1.3.4), the documentation is still lacking. It took me several days last time to tweak various files before running the install pages to get it to work. Now I'm trying to get 1.3.5sr2 installed, and I can recall getting these same installation errors back in July. I know it's free, but you're wasting a lot of people's precious time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content