Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 05:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

User names being mangled randomly.

zedshaw

Anonymous
I have a problem on all of my Geeklog sites that is pretty much a show stopper. Whenever someone signs up for a name, they get "s/k1fXL6oLQ=" set as their user name. This seems to happen at random, and once it happens to one user, I'm not able to add any more and nobody can register. If I delete this user, the user above them in the list then gets clobbered. Last time this happened I had to go into MySQL and muck with the database, so I thought I configured something wrong. Now that it has happened again, I think something is actually wrong with geeklog.

The site that is currently affected is obversive.sourceforge.net and it has happened to other sites I run with geeklog. Here are the particulars:

• A user will get their username set to s/k1fXL6oLQ= for no reason upon creation or modification.
  • Attempting to edit the name as admin fails. It continues to revert.
  • Deleting the user causes the previous user in the list to get mangled.
  • Attempting to add another user (no matter what the name) either causes Geeklog to claim that the user already exists (even though they aren't there). This is on /admin/user.php
  • Attempting to add them again with the page that results from the above operation produces the error: "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1". Again, /admin/user.php
  • I'm using geeklog version GeekLog v1.3.5sr2
I'll leave the database the way it is as long as I can. Please e-mail me if you'd like to muck around with it live in an attempt to debug the problem.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
We have that same problem occasionally here on www.geeklog.net, too. However, as far as I know, this has never happened anywhere else. In other words: This looks like a problem that is specific to sourceforge.net ... bye, Dirk

Creator

Forum User
This sounds something like a problem I had with my geeklog... I was using a cookie redirect (outside of geeklog) that set an username of "fst_warn." After using that cookie, every time I (or someone else) tried to create a new user, that user gets renamed fst_warn, and any other users I tried to create after that got me the "Already exists" message. Check your cookies... Perhaps the gremlin lies therein...
L. Whitworth

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content