Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 03:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Login / Authentication

Anonymous

Anonymous
Wondering if anyone had got this problem solved: Apache 2.0.39 (I know but it's too late now) PHP 4.2.1 Geeklog 1.3.5 XP at www.kerin.us I cannot stay logged in - from the user block I log in, geeklog shows an Alex logged in, but I am still a guest user. I can login by going to admin.php and loging in twice! The same thing was happening when I used to run phpbb, so I not sure if it's geeklog, php, or apache. Hope someone can help, Alex

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
PHP on Apache 2 is still not officially supported by PHP, so you're on your own here. Maybe it helps to upgrade to Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
I bit the bullet and put 1.3.x back in. 2.0.40 and 4.22 did not do the trick, but the older version seems to be working well now... Thanks anyway, Alex

Anonymous

Anonymous
For those who are having the authentication problem with Apache 2 and do not want to go back to Apache 1.3.x, I found that PHP-Nuke 6.0 works fine with Apache 2.0.40/PHP 4.2.2. I tried Geeklog and got the same authentication problems as the original poster. I don't get these types of problems with PHP-Nuke and other programs I've used (like SquirrelMail).

roblinrey

Forum User
Junior
confused
I am having a problem similar to the first post. I can not stay logged in. I just upgraded to 1.3.5 My site is remotely hosted apache 1.3.26 Php 4.2.1. The login was fine before the upgrade. When I hit the site I am listed as guest when I log in I am listed correctly. If I close the browser and then open it again the who\'s online block shows me and a guest user. I am presented with the logon block. When I log on again the guest user goes away. I have tried this on another computer and with another browser the results are the same. I have another geeklog 1.3.5 site hosted with Apache 1.3.27 Php 4.3.21. It works correctly. What is up? How can I fix this.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content