Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 06:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Errors on Install

markho

Anonymous
I either get the CGI error or a blank screen depending on my config, however im stuck at the first screen of my install script and i can not go any further. I see this too, and i have tried every combination for the geeklog root without success. Hint: The complete path to this file is C:/phpsite/geek/public_html/admin/install/install.php and it appears your Path to Geeklog is C:/phpsite/geek When i click next i get either a blank screen or a CGI error. I made the db with myadminphp set the paths and urls (to the best of my knowledge) correctly. I cannot for some reason get the sqls entered in the database. I have the same issue with myWbb, and phpwebsite, which install the same way. However, i can run phpNuke successfully becuase the db setup is done through the command prompt. Anyway here is my config. ----------------- <?php /* Reminder: always indent with 4 spaces (no tabs). */ // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | Geeklog 1.3 | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | config.php | // | Geeklog configuration file. | // | | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | Copyright (C) 2001 by the following authors: | // | | // | Authors: Tony Bibbs - tony@tonybibbs.com | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | | // | This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or | // | modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License | // | as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 | // | of the License, or (at your option) any later version. | // | | // | This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, | // | but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of | // | MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the | // | GNU General Public License for more details. | // | | // | You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License | // | along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, | // | Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. | // | | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | See the INSTALL.HTML file for more information on configuration | // | information | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // // $Id: config.php,v 1.30.2.4 2002/07/07 19:49:50 dhaun Exp $ // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | DATABASE SETTINGS | // | | // | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/'). The 'path' value signifies | // | where the config.php (this file) resides | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_DB_dbms = 'mysql'; // Currently only MySQL is support, do not change $_DB_host = 'localhost'; $_DB_name = 'geek'; // Yes, your DB must exists before running installer! $_DB_user = 'root'; $_DB_pass = ''; $_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_'; // e.g. 'gl_' $_DB_mysqldump_path = 'c:mysql/bin/mysqldump'; // path to mysqldump binary e.g. /usr/bin/mysqldump $_CONF['allow_mysqldump'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SERVER SETTINGS | // | | // | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/'). The 'path' value signifies | // | where the config.php (this file) resides | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['path'] = 'c:/phpsite/geek/'; $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/system/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/public_html/backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/backups/'; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SITE SETTINGS | // | | // | These settings help define your Geeklog site. | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['site_name'] = 'Geeklog Site'; $_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'Another Nifty Geeklog Site'; $_CONF['site_mail'] = 'admin@example.com'; $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://192.168.0.130/geek/public_html/index.php $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . 'http://192.168.0.130/geek/public_html/admin/index.php'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . 'http://192.168.0.130/geek/public_html/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/public_html/layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'c:/phpsite/geek/public_html/layout/xsilver/'; $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 1; [rest of config snipped -- Dirk]

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
$_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'c:/phpsite/geek/system/'; This turns out to be a very popular mistake. Does anyone have an idea how it could be explained better that it is NOT necessary to do that? Normally, the only path you need to change in config.php is this one: $_CONF['path'] = 'c:/phpsite/geek/'; The rest of the paths will then be correct automatically. Unless you separated the public_html directory from the rest of Geeklog, then you also need to set $_CONF['path_html']. The same applies to the URLs. All you need to set is $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://192.168.0.130/geek/public_html'; (without the index.php, by the way!). The other URLs will be based on this URL and will be correct automatically. bye, Dirk

Creator

Forum User
Perhaps improvements could be made to the installation process by giving potential Geekers a form with which they could use to enter the values for config.php instead of having to go into it manually, and autoset the lib-common.php path as well? That would circumvent the most common mistakes by doing it the right way, the first time around?
L. Whitworth

Anonymous

Anonymous
It sure worked thanks dood!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content