Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 06:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Removing the New User screen

oneilxm

Anonymous
Dirk, Ive read the posts that tell you how to remove the self create a user screen. Is there an easier wya to do this on the new version of GL? Thanks Oneilxm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No, there isn't. However, Geeklog 1.3.6 will have a user submission queue, so that new users will not get their password emailed to them until they are approved by an Admin. If you want to disable the new user registration entirely, I'd suggest you replace the form in layout/YourTheme/users/registrationform.thtml with a text that explains how they could register (or why they can not register at all - you didn't state what exactly you had in mind). bye, Dirk

oneilxm

Anonymous
Dirk, I have actually done this. But if on the main screen, you click login, without any credentials, you get taken to a screen that says "did you forget your password?" And if you click the link that takes you to the screen to enter in your email address, you will see that form. Now, without entering in an email address, click "Email password", this will now take you on to a screen with 3 forms, one to send your password, another to try to login and, yep you guessed it, a scren to create an account. Im tyrin to stop people from creating accounts, as only the admin (my work) will be specifying the accounts. Our users have to be resellers of our products to have an account. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? I have edited the registrationform.thtml file so there is no form in there. I believe the form in question is comming from users.php, but if you try to comment anything out, it still shows. If you remove the code, you get a parse error. Can you help? Regards, oneilxm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Oh yeah, there's that hard-coded default form ... You just need to take out the part that starts with $retval .= COM_startBlock($LANG04[22]) up until (and including) the next . COM_endBlock(); That should do it. bye, Dirk

oneilxm

Anonymous
Dirk, Hi, I removed that, and I can still see the form, and you can still create a user. Have you done this before? If so, can I have a copy of your users.php? My email is in my profile. Thank you Carl Pickering

oneilxm

Anonymous
Dirk, Sorry. I have found it, there are 2 instances of the $retval and i removed both and now all works fine, Thank you for help. oneilxm

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content