Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 11:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help, Please.

hateispower

Anonymous
Help Please. 1st. I would like to have a guestbook built right into GL, so it wouldn't load a seperate new page, and it could just have like Sign GBook, View GBook in a little Block/Box, and then it would just go to like a topic area, still with all the blocks around and stuff, but in the middle, the guestbook there. 2nd. I'd like to make a section where people can upload photos they have taken, or artwork they have done. How can I do that? 3. I'd also like to be able to list a Member Directory. 4. I'd like to set up a cam portal in my GL. 5. Maybe even a chat too.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Most of what you want is available as a plugin or other addon for Geeklog: There's a guestbook on gxblock.com, I think. You can have albums by integrating Gallery into Geeklog. Even chat solutions have already been discussed.

I suggest you spend some time with the search function here on www.geeklog.net ...

bye, Dirk

winnits

Anonymous
Dammit.. Dirk beat me to it Wink But I've typed it out now so I'm damn well posting anyway Wink

1. Guestbook - check out the Geekbook plugin which you can download (and see in action) at GXBlock.com, this offers an integrated Guestbook within your Geeklog environment.

2. Photo uploads - you could install Gallery and integrate it with Geeklog (the instructions are available at Squatty.com in the downloads area, this has a feature where you can setup a publicly updatable gallery to allow people to upload photos/artwork.

3. You mean just a list of members? Certainly GXBlock has a neat hack to display all members who've added a photo to their profile - not sure if there's one for just listing members.

4. I'm not aware of any Camportal type additions to Geeklog yet - might be an idea for one of the plugin developers if they're at a loose end, though? Wink

Cheers,

Alan -- alan@goddammit.co.uk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content