Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 03:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems with uploading

xanto

Anonymous
I have geeklog installed for about 2 weeks now and everything works fine except one thing: For some strange reason I can not upload any images to the site. The same error appears in uploading a userphoto as in adding images to a new story. This is the error I get: Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /www/O/orbient/web/www.orbient.be/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 338 Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /www/O/orbient/web/www.orbient.be/system/classes/upload.class.php on line 342 ERRORS Upload of xanto.jpg failed. Chmod of xanto.jpg to 0644 failed I though the problem was serverside since openbase_restriction was active, but I asked them to remove it and they told me it should work by now... unfortunately it doesn't. Perhaps I did something wrong or does anybody has an idea what could've been done to solve this problem? Thanks in advance,

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
looks like you have a path set wrong somewhere www/O/orbient/web/www.orbient.be/system/classes/upload.class.php

Anonymous

Anonymous
Are there any special files I need to edit in order to have this thing work? I couldn't find anymore things I should change.

isol8

Forum User
Regular Poster
if you've corrected your paths , make sure /images/userphotos exists and is writeable. for some reason when i use winzip to decompress, that folder is never there. happened with two versions of GL.

xanto

Anonymous
It seemed it was a problem with my webhost. Something to do with security... they solved it and now it finally works. Anyway thanks for helping

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content