Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 08:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog and Gallery integration problem

Archangel

Anonymous
Hi all!

I've decided to take the plunge and try to get Geeklog 1.3.5rc2 and Gallery 1.3 integrated. I've used the file provided at Squatty.com as a template for doing this but am running into some odd problems. As long as I am part of the "Root" group I can view, upload and modify pictures, but I am unable to modify user permissions, when I try I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/hosts/web.quay.net/aliases/gallery/util.php on line 569

The plot thickens a bit when I try to log in as a different user or a guest user... now every page I try to view gives me an error similar to the above such as:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/hosts/web.quay.net/aliases/gallery/classes/Album.php on line 1037

So I figured this would be a relatively easy thing to fix since when I go to look at line 569 in util.php I get:

$array = array($loggedIn->getUid() => $loggedIn->getUsername());

and when I look at Albums.php line 1037 I get:

if ($perm[$loggedIn->getUid()] &&

So I looked through the User.php and UserDB.php files that are included with the patch and it was at this point that I realized that I was out of my league here... I just don't know Geeklog or Gallery well enough to debug any further without doing a whole bunch of reading.

I'm hoping someone's already seen this and knows how to fix it, I'm really keen to get my site up and running.

-Archangel

efarmboy

Forum User
This sounds like the problems introduced with changes in Gallery 1.3. I'm assuming squatty has my latest version with the June 4th comments in the readme. If not get it from my site here

I'd also suggest you do a search on this site on gallery and review previous postings. I can help you after that.

Cheers, Blaine

squatty

Forum User
As efarmboy points out, you must have an old version. I just added the GL/Gallery integration to my site today.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Anonymous

Anonymous
he he... Looks like the file from your site is gonna do the trick, I just downloaded it and took a look around, looks like the one I got from Squatty.com was for gallery 1.2.x... I'll let you know if I get things fixed up. cheers, Gabe

Archangel

Anonymous
read my mind!

Archangel

Anonymous
Yep, that's all it was! Bonehead play on my part -- should have verified the version of the patch. Everything works fine now! Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of hair pulling! cheers, Gabe

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content