Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

word count

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello, Only me again, Dirk, thanks for your help that you have provided over the past few days for me, I have solved the problem of not being able to submit any more then 3 stories, I killed my database and created a new one and its fine. Next question though. How can I get rid of the "(167 words)" from the stories? I have changed the wording, but can't find where this is being pulled from. Let me know Oneilxm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Look for the variable "readmore_link" in storybodytext.thtml and featuredstorybodytext.thtml (in the layout/YourTheme directory). Not sure what you want to do, though. If you remove that variable you won't be able to read the rest of the story ... bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Yes I have looked at them files, it must be pulling the variable from somewhere, but I can't think where. I would have assumed it to be in config.php, but it isnt. Also checked, lib-common.php which does display info about showing a story, but has no variable for word count. Can you ask the bossman himself? Tony? Cheers Dirk. oneilxm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Oh, I think I misunderstood your question. You only want to get rid of the part of the link that displays the word count, not the entire link ... Well, you need to hack lib-common.php for that. Search for "readmore_link" and you will find this: $article->set_var('readmore_link', '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/article.php?story=' . $A['sid'] . '">' . $LANG01[2] . '</a> (' . sizeof(exp lode(' ',$A['bodytext'])) . ' ' . $LANG01[62] . ') '); Simply remove everything after the </a> tag so that you get $article->set_var('readmore_link', '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/article.php?story=' . $A['sid'] . '">' . $LANG01[2] . '</a>'; That should do it. bye, Dirk

Anonymous

Anonymous
Dirk, Thanks man, Smile it worked, well, you need to add just one more ) at the very end, but you were right. I appreciate all your help. Keep up the good work. Regards, oneilxm

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content