Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 20 2024 @ 09:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal error

Gaj

Anonymous
I am trying to install Geeklog, and I get the following error: Fatal error: Failed opening required 'var/www/html/blog/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/blog/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 90 I have checked my paths, and the chmod on the files and folders, and think I have everything set OK. What am I doing wrong?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure your $_CONF['path‘] variable contains an absolute path. I.e. it should start with a / if you're on Linux or some other flavour of Unix (and start with a drive letter if you're on Windows). bye, Dirk

Gaj

Anonymous
Thank you Dirk, the preceding slash was missing. Now when I log into the index.php file I get this Warning: fopen("/var/www/html/blog/geeklog/logs/error.log", "a"Wink - Permission denied in /var/www/html/blog/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 809 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/blog/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php on line 812 Is this a permissions problem, or something else?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yes, this is a permission problem. Re-read the section on chmod in the installation instructions, it's all explained there. You could also try http://yoursite/admin/install/check.php - this script checks all the crucial permissions and complains if something is wrong. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content