Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 09:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

CGI Error

tuliop

Anonymous
Fellas, I just have this annoying problem, as soon as I point the browser to
http://www.mypage.com/admin/install/install.php, I get this message:

CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I checked the paths and they are all correct, I checked the persmissions and they r all ok...
config.php is all correct, teorically I am all set, but the I get the same error, I can not pass the first page, better, I can not see the first page of installation.
Thxs for ur time

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
On some hosts, "admin" is a reserved directory name. I remember a similar problem someone else had just a few days ago, with the exact same error messages. Can you check that with your hosting service? In theory, you can change the name of the admin directory that Geeklog uses by changing $_CONF['site_admin_url']. In practice, however, this does not work in 1.3.5sr1. So when you talk to your hosting service, ask them if they can change that name. If they can't you could try the Geeklog version from CVS, where renaming the admin directory should work now (though I haven't used it myself yet ...). bye, Dirk

Spyda

Anonymous
It was me Dirk - Admin is a key folder in GL! Here is what I found out from my hosts:- In the end it wasn't a reserved word with my Win2k server but the fact that my hosting company who I have reseller space had set admin as a login for the particular domain I was using. For example if I needed to login to my space the url was: http://www.domainname.com/admin so in fact the directory folder 'admin' was already being used. Hope that makes sense Smile Regards

Spyda

Anonymous
I emaled my host and they changed my login to /cpadmin and now all is fine.

tuliop

Anonymous
hey, dirk, in case that did not work, can u explain me how to use that CVS version you just mentioned. THXS

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

To get a version from CVS, you need to have CVS installed on your computer (obviously). CVS is usually pre-installed on Linux, MacOS X and other Unix systems. A Windows version is also available. See cvshome.org for details.

Once you have CVS installed, just follow these instructions to get the latest version of Geeklog from CVS.

Please note that normally you should not install versions from CVS unless you know what you're doing. CVS always has the latest version of Geeklog which may or may not work. So please use this only as a last resort.

bye, Dirk

UpInHeeaa

Anonymous
determined
Another possible solution to this problem I\'ve found (after much fiddling) is that my Admin directory was missing. In reviewing the tutorials, I found that it mentions to delete the Admin/Install directory after installation. Because I was installing this at 4:30am, my brain processed that to mean -> delete the Admin AND Install directories. The brain is a delicate thing. I simply copied the admin directory from the tarball to where it should be and everything worked like a champ. Thanks again for a great product!!!

AB Positive Interactive

Anonymous
awake
Hello,

In IIS, you need to make sure your HOME DIRECTORY is pointing to public_html. You are probably having IIS point to something like 'c:usersgeeklogwww' instead of 'c:usersgeeklogwwwpublic_html'

Good luck,

G

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content