Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, August 31 2024 @ 11:56 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

A couple of things ....

Spyda

Anonymous
Hi there I am using the 'clean' template and would like to not give the user the option of switching templates. So is there a way to get rid of the option to change themes? Also in the 'clean' template the left and right column tables seem to have the text headers (user functions, sections etc) ajar. Is there any way I can centre them? And just one more question: I want to get the time and date to view for the United Kingdom - so can I set these as time in GMT and set the date in dd/mm/yyyy order? Many thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you don't want the other themes, then simply remove their directories from the layout directory (i.e. delete "Yahoo" to get rid of the Yahoo theme). There is also an option $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] in your config.php, but it doesn't work as expected in 1.3.5sr1 (fixed in CVS). I leave the problem with the columns in the clean theme to knuckles - he made the theme and should know about this issue :-) The date issue has two sides: The time zone is always set by the server and there's currently nothing you can do about it. So if your server is in the US but you are in Europe, you have to live with US times ... However, the formatting of the date and time can be changed with the following settings in config.php: $_CONF['date'] = '%A, %B %d %Y @ %I:%M %p %Z'; $_CONF['daytime'] = '%m/%d %I:%M%p'; $_CONF['shortdate'] = '%x'; See this page on php.net to learn what the %somethings stand for: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php bye, Dirk

Spyda

Anonymous
Thanks for the advice Dirk Smile As a matter of interest can you disengage the time posted? Many thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

Sure, just leave the %somethings out which describe the time. See, for example, my MacOS X FAQ site.

bye, Dirk

foniksonik

Anonymous
The left column can be adjusted in header.thtml The right column is defined in several places, kinda a bug in geeklog if you ask me... but start in article/article.thtml and remove this block: [td] [img src="/images/speck.gif" height="1" width="10" alt=""] [/td] then use bbedit or another batch find and replace tool to (grep, etc) find all the instances in the 'clean' directory. You may also want to alter the table nesting for columns and main content. Currently they aren't as easy to adjust as they could be. Wish I could send the author my changes. If only I knew where to send them. Great theme though. I use it. good luck

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:56 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content