Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:43 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help with What's New Block

squatty

Forum User
My what's new block ONLY displays comments for the Admin user? New stories and links show up fine for all users.... Here's what I've found so far. There is a section in the COM_whatsNewBlock function (specifically the comments logic) that looks for SEC_hasAccess. This appears to ONLY include the Admin user? When I add the following echo statements, ONLY the Admin sees both comments... // Cap max displayed at 15 if ($nrows > 15) $nrows = 15; if ($nrows > 0) { echo "made it this far"; $newcomments = array (); for ($x = 1; $x <= $nrows; $x++) { $A = DB_fetchArray($result); if (SEC_hasAccess($A['owner_id'],$A['group_id'],$A['perm_owner'],$A['perm_group'],$A['perm_members'],$A['perm_anon']) > 0) { echo "<br>only the admin can see this?"; $robtime = strftime("%D %T",$A['day']); $itemlen = strlen($A['title']); if ($A['type'] == 'article') { $titletouse = stripslashes ($A['title']); $urlstart = '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/article.php?story=' . $A['sid'] . '#comments">'; } else { $titletouse = $A['question']; $urlstart = '<a href="' . $_CONF['site_url'] . '/pollbooth.php?qid=' . $A['qid'] . '&amp;aid=-1#comments">'; } I would assume that my user data and or group assignments are messed up? Can anyone shead some light on the subject? Or at least explain what SEC_hasAccess and how to insure that all users are in this?
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

squatty

Forum User
If I coment out the if SEC_hasAccess statement, the block works for all site visitors? Is this needed?
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:43 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content