Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 12:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHP in Static Pages

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello all, I was wondering if there's any way to include PHP code in a static page? I know it won't work by default but if anyone knows any simple hacks I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks! -Ryan

MLimburg

Forum User
Chatty
Howdy, I've been thinking alot about static pages and how it could be expanded. My thoughts have included things like php code, multi-page documents, automatic table of contents, user friendly URLs, integrating the security model against individual pages, bundling a bunch of pages together, and a few more. I'm busy coding a pure GL Gallery at the moment, but once this is done, I'd like to revisit my ideas and see what's possible. My current 'not-thought-through' idea is to release a version of staticpages called 'Articles'. Anyway, more to come later I'm sure. Anyone else working on thees types of things?
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Allowing PHP code to be entered into a webpage for execution is very dangerous and, IMHO not worth the security implications. Also, the very fact you want to embed PHP code into a the static pages defeats the purpose of calling it 'static'. Anyway, if you insist on this, you can research the PHP eval() function. That is all you'd need. --Tony
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Matty

Forum User
Junior
Can't you just insert the code directly into the database?
Matty

maximus

Anonymous
actually I need to get evaluated, to automate loggin into the chat system I'm intragating with my GL. It's an IM/chat affair called Babylon Chat and if I could have that one thing parsed I wont have to 1)edit the GL PHP to get it to write to another password file or 2) allow anyone to spoof the usernames in chat. The applet code will pass the username (if I can get it in there), and then as geeklog tracks Guest users and handles access, I can forgo using a second set of passwords for the chat entirely. I know there's evil ways to hack this, but at worst I get a spoffing user and block his ip. Any Ideas? I'm going to look into this eval() command, but have no Idea where to put it......

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content