Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 12:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Once again.. GeekLog/Gallery

mamosley

Anonymous
I've got geeklog and gallery playing nicely..... for root users. How, where, who, why, what do I need to do so that gallery will allow guests and logged on users to view gallery with out getting the Albums.php error?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
As far as I know, only Root user's can administrate Gallery with the hacks released on this site. However, your message implied that non-Root users can't even view the albums...is that right? You may want to check the permissions on your albums...they may be too strict.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

mamosley

Anonymous
Thanks for the tip, however, when I am logged in, the only options I have are to add new albums, and administer those albums. I don't have the options to administer users like a regular install. I'm about to go and check the permissions on the albums.

mamosley

Anonymous
when I click on the link top set the permissions for a gallery... Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /gallery/util.php on line 569 and here is the code from that line $loggedIn = $gallery->userDB->getLoggedIn(); if ($array[$loggedIn->getUid()]) { $array = array($loggedIn->getUid() => $loggedIn->getUsername()); return;

efarmboy

Forum User
Within gallery, if I assign permissions to a user to manage an album, then that user is able to upload, modify,delete, move, change properties etc. Was this what you were wondering is possible ? Users are added/deleted from Geeklog but them Gallery manages the permissions of the users.

efarmboy

Forum User
Sounds like your trying to integrate gallery version 1.3 There are several postings on this site refering to this issue and the fix. A quick search should find your answer.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content