Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

WINDOWS XP - blank pages

Anonymous

Anonymous
Whew! I've read all the notes on blank pages and so: I've double-checked my database settings (the database schema was created fine) I've removed all the blank lines at bottom of lib-*.php files. Still get blank pages. I'm convinced it has to do with path settings in config.php but I'm not clear on whether to use "C:\apps\geeklog" or "C:/apps/geeklog', etc. Can someone PLEASE post a working copy of a windows config.php and a lib-common.php file? I think that would clear things up for me. Many thanks, Phil

efarmboy

Forum User
I'm assuming your running on Win2K,with IIS and mysql. I've done several installs on unix but I just did a Win2K install this afternoon. I retained the unix style directory names. So \"c:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/config.php\" as an example. I had initial problems getting the install script to run but that was the php.ini register_globals setting. Then I had a typo in the config.php file for my path. Check that you have set the CONF[path] and CONF[site_url] variables correctly, site url starts is like http://yoursite.com/geeklog/pubic_html Check your database name, user and password are correct in config.php Finally, are you able to create a sample php file and execute it - best test is to call the phpinfo() function. Just covering some bases, Blaine

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content