Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 07:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.3.5 install problem...

Anonymous

Anonymous
Trying to do a new install of 1.3.5. I've followed all the directions (set permissions, edited config.php and lib-common etc.) When I run install.php, after entering in installation type and path to geeklog on the first screen, I'm getting the following: Fatal error: Failed opening required '/home/e-smith/files/ibays/prospace-prd/geeklog/system/classes/template.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/prospace-prd/html/admin/install/install.php on line 289 The path info is correct, and that template file is in that location, and as far as I can tell, the permissions to access that file are correct. What could be causing this? What can I do to tell install that the file is exactly where it think it is? Thanks.

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Well, if what you said is correct and the path info is right, then edit php.ini and the directory in there. Be sure to restart your webserver.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I think you should take a look in config.php again. Are you realy shore you have the right path(/)? mvh/tommy

Anonymous

Anonymous
My guess is that you have E-Smith 5.1.2. This release has a PHP sandbox feature that prevents PHP applications from running outside their dir. Fix: Disable the sandbox for the Ibay with [root@es5]# /sbin/e-smith/db accounts setprop ibay_name_here PHPBaseDir / [root@es5]# /sbin/e-smith/signal-event ibay-modify ibay_name_here Method to Maddness here: http://www.e-smith.org/faq.php3#7q25 http://www.e-smith.org/faq/#6q12 and search support phorum on open_basedir for more.

Anonymous

Anonymous
THANK YOU!!! This was the fix! Don't know why I didn't think this was an e-smith problem. I'm running 1.3 in the primary ibay, and it works fine... Guess I could write up a howto on installing geeklog for e-smith...

Anonymous

Anonymous
does this fix apply to the primary to only ibays added after installation or would it apply to primary too? would it be okay to use something slightly more restrictive than / (i'm thinking /home or /opt. i'm not sure which would be appropriate)

Anonymous

Anonymous
I performed the php directory operation for the primary ibay (set it to /) and I still get line 289 errors. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Anonymous
fixed by editing config.php

Chev

Anonymous
curious
Quote by Anonymous: THANK YOU!!! This was the fix! Don\'t know why I didn\'t think this was an e-smith problem. I\'m running 1.3 in the primary ibay, and it works fine... Guess I could write up a howto on installing geeklog for e-smith...
Just wondering if you ever did a howto on this. I been trying to get GL to work on e-smith for 2 months now with no luck. Chev

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:46 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content