Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:06 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

"blog" solution

Ankabout

Forum User
Hey,

I've been looking for a blogging program for a while now, and it seems to me like Geeklog is going to be the best option.

I want to make a blogging site for students where people that sign up can have their own blogs, preferably with a subdomain (eg. user.site.com), and for them to change their template files. A bit like the site Blogger does.

Is it possible to do this with geeklog? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

ash

Anonymous
curious
I am hoping up to set up a blog site too and I am seriously considering Geeklog. Just a few things I would like to know though.

Does Geeklog support multiple installs within one site? I have been thinking of having multiple blogs (possibly with multiple users) on one site. Will Geeklog work with a few different installs in different folders?

How customisable is Geeklog? Can things such as the Theme System be disabled so that you have the exact same look for every viewer? And are there any settings that allow you to set the layout for things like user comments etc? As in having user comments automatically display at the bottom of each blog (like Blogger) rather than just a link at the bottom of the blog?

Finally, is Geeklog easy to integrate with Google AdSense?

Thanks!

Smile

beewee

Forum User
Geeklog can work with multiple installs, there's a thread in the FAQ's about it..

If you install only one theme (like the core install has) users can't choose a theme, and you can also set this in config.php. The same for comments, you can set these in config.php. I'm not sure about showing the comments on the bottom of a blog, but with some coding that should be possible.

Why don't you download the script and have a look at config.php? That will tell you a lot more.

Adsense is no problem, you can put it without hardcoding in the sideblocks or in a centerblock, and with hardcoding the templates you can put Adsense nearly anywhere you like it.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Ankabout

Forum User
Quote by beewee: Geeklog can work with multiple installs, there's a thread in the FAQ's about it..

If you install only one theme (like the core install has) users can't choose a theme, and you can also set this in config.php. The same for comments, you can set these in config.php. I'm not sure about showing the comments on the bottom of a blog, but with some coding that should be possible.

Why don't you download the script and have a look at config.php? That will tell you a lot more.

Adsense is no problem, you can put it without hardcoding in the sideblocks or in a centerblock, and with hardcoding the templates you can put Adsense nearly anywhere you like it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content