Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

poll block mystery...gl newbie

paulv

Anonymous
been working on this wonderful product for the last couple of days. i am having a funny problem, when i delete the default Poll which was part of the installation.. the Vote option disappeared and it was showing "Poll Block" for any other polls created and does not allow anyone to vote. would anyone be able to help...

epretorious

Forum User
Junior
I've experienced the same anomaly. Is there a fix? BTW: I noticed that the "favorite theme" poll isn't allowing voting any longer. Could this be the same issue? Eric P. Sunnyvale, CA
Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA

epretorious

Forum User
Junior
After using mysql to view the tables in the geeklog database, I found the gl_pollvoters table. However, removing my IP address from the table has not cured the mysterious behavior entirely: (Just for debugging) I have two polls on the homepage - One of them is "vote-able" and the other still isn't.

Is this a cookie issue?

Where can I adjust the title that's displayed for the block? (i.e., " Vote" and "Poll Block") I'd like to change it to "Vote" and "Survey Results" (or something like that...)

Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA

samstone

Forum User
This topic has been here for a while. Has anyone figured out the fix yet? I am having the same problem, and would appreciate to know the fix. Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There is no "fix" - nor is there a problem. As has been discussed in other places, the poll uses a combination of the IP address and a cookie to prevent people from voting again. Both the cookie and the IP address stored in the database expire after a couple of days (see $_CONF['pollcookietime'] and $_CONF['polladdresstime'] in config.php). At that point, you should be able to vote on the same poll again. bye, Dirk

samstone

Forum User
Thanks, Dirk!

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content