Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

All posts being attributed to Admin account -- please help

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
tired
I have a problem on a client's site ( http://www.rivercity-church.org ). All story submissions, no matter who posts them or their security group, are being attributed to the admin account (me).

I've never encountered this before on any of my sites; does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Hackwith

*EDIT* Forgot to mention that this only started happening after upgrading the site from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1. JCH
"Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe." ~ Gabriela Mistral -- Desolacíon

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
*BUMP* Did I mention that I am willing to pay for a solution to this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jason
"Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe." ~ Gabriela Mistral -- Desolacíon

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I'm not sure who that would happen,

But one unrelated issue I notice when looking at your site is that when the dropdown menu's are selected and then deselected (moving the mouse cursor off of the menu) it leaves an image of your menu behind (it is all brown). This obviously is covering up your content.

I am using IE 6 on Windows XP.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: Laugh

I'm not sure who that would happen,

But one unrelated issue I notice when looking at your site is that when the dropdown menu's are selected and then deselected (moving the mouse cursor off of the menu) it leaves an image of your menu behind (it is all brown). This obviously is covering up your content.

I am using IE 6 on Windows XP.

Yeah, I'm testing Blaine at Portalparts.com's new version of glmenu and have been having some major issues with CSS formatting. I'm more concerned about this problem, however.

Jason

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Cool,

It's hard to figure out your problem without more details or access to your site.

If the site is updated correctly it is hard for me to see this happening (not that it is not).

A few questions:

1. Does it just happen with stories or are comments, etc... affected the same way?
2. The users that this is happening too, do they use you machine or their own?
3. You mention your run other sites? Are they on the same server and does the same thing happen with them?
4. When you log in as other users does it happen to you?

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
Please see this post; I think I found the problem.

Thanks everybody who helped!
Jason

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content