Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 07:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Security Checklist for installation in CPanel

Geeklog new user

Anonymous
Hi Friends,
I'm new to geeklog, and I'm planning to install geeklog on my shared server hosting which is having cPanel. It'll be installed in a folder under public_html. That is, it'll be like /home/myusername/public_html/blog
My first question: is it safe? Because public_html is web root, I guess that's where I should install and not in any other place.
And second but important question: What are the basic security risks, and what counter measures to take? Can you provide some basic security checklist?
The geeklog will be installed automatically using application installer available in cPanel.

Thank you very much.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
You should check what version of Geeklog is installed by cPanel. Most likely it is an older version. You should install the latest version (which will be v2.1.1 in a few days).

If you look in the Geeklog install file you download from this website you will find a public_html directory in it. That should go in the web root. The rest of the directories and files can go some where else as they do not need to be accessible directly from the internet (and really shouldn't be).
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content