Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:42 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Only Story Editors Can Use the Advanced Editor

Page navigation

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I'm having an issue where only users in the story editors group can use the advanced editor when submitting a story for submission, despite having use CKEditor being checked in the my account settings. How might I fix this?

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Do you have the site default set to an editor? (found in the Geeklog Configuration)

Also you should have your users check "My Account" as they can set their own default as well.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
Advanced editor is set to true and the advanced editor name is set to CKEDitor. However, when I try to select a default editor only plain text, wiki, and html show up.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Select HTML Formatted. The editors produce HTML and if enabled will be displayed when that post mode is selected.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
The problem is that most of the posts will be in Arabic, and the CKEditor is the only one that lets users format their text right-to-left.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Did my suggestion fix the problem?

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
Yes, but the problem persists. Even though users have CKEditor selected in their account preferences they cannot use it. Now they are just given the HTML editor instead.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
What version of Geeklog are you using and what theme?

The Advanced editor cannot be disabled/enabled by access level so something else must be going on.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I'm using 2.1.1 with the denim theme.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Do you mean you are using 2.1.0? (or are you using the unreleased 2.1.1 from the repository)

I just double checked again and it works fine on the demo site (and on my development server).

I can't really offer any more solutions unless I can get access to your site. Email me the details if you want.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
Yeah, I am actually running the development version. I had an issue with Geeklog not liking my TLD and thought the development version might have fixed that problem, although it didn't seem to. At any rate I stuck with it.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
No that bug has not been fixed. Please add it to the Bug tracker so we don't forget about it.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I sent you an E-Mail.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
The development version is pretty solid at the moment. (I am using it on one of my sites along with the unreleased version of the forum)

Just remember since 2.1.1 has not been released yet config options or table changes could still happen. If so you will have to manually update the changes.

BTW I didn't get an email so I sent you one. Please reply to it.

Thanks

Tom

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
In light of that, I decided to downgrade to 2.1.0. The problem persists though. Will send you an E-Mail shortly.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I noticed even on the geeklog.net site, despite having CKEditor being checked in my account preferences, if I try to contribute I'm only allowed to select between HTML formatted and plain text.

::Ben

Forum User
Hi,

On the geeklog.net site, having CKEditor being checked in my account preferences, if I try to contribute I'm seeing the advanced editor (ckeditor).

Bedouin, could it be a browser issue for you?
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I am getting the same behavior with Firefox and Safari on Mac an also my iPhone on both sites. Do you perhaps have administrative privileges of some sort? The problem I'm having on my site is that ordinary users without any administrative privileges cannot use the advanced editor.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
The CKEditor currently doesn't support mobile devices:

http://ckeditor.com/support/faq/features#question10

This should change by CKEditor 5

I know it doesn't come up on my Android devices. I am not sure about the iPhone.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
It might seem like a stupid question, but have you guys attempted creating absolutely new users and checking this out? Users with only the default privileges? These are my results in Firefox in OS X, Iceweasal (Firefox) under Debian Wheezy, Safari in OS X, and Firefox in Windows 7 on geeklog.net. I've provided one screenshot of my user settings page to show that CKEditor is indeed checked.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:42 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content