kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
I KNOW this is going to sound stupid, but on my stories, I disable comments, and also check the enabled box where it says disable comments below that. For some reason some stories still say "Comments (0)" under them and some do not... I don't see any different settings between them... What am I missing... I know I'm missing something!

Thanks!

LWC

Forum User
I've submitted a bug report for you. That checkbox just closes comments, as opposed to disabling them.

Other than that, it sounds like you sometimes chose "Comments Closed" instead of "Comments Disabled".

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
I did just notice something new. The stories that say "comments (0)" under them have "comments closed" selected. When I go in and change it to "comments disabled" it says "setting successfully saved" after I hit save, but then the "comments (0)" is still there, I go back in and it's back to "comments closed" I tried a handful of times on 2 different browsers. It keeps reverting back to closed even when I save it as disabled. What would cause that?

Thanks!

::Ben

Forum User
What is the geeklog version? There was some bugs on pre 1.6.1

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Ben, I'm on 1.6.0sr1... Do you think that's the prob?

LWC

Forum User
Well, it sure can't help...

Forum User
Quote by: kilerb

Hi Ben, I'm on 1.6.0sr1... Do you think that's the prob?

You could upgrade to 1.6.1.
I solved many issues on comments with this upgrade...
but be carreful if you use Daily Digest there is another bug in the 1.6.1 version.

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS