Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 05:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inmemoriam bug report

Page navigation

KellyK

Forum User

You should not add any images to the albums/ directory itself as this is just an organizing container for all created albums. Your usage document should make this clear.

Correct I am putting it into the albums/album_id/ folder not the albums directory

Beyond that, this seems to be clearly a permissions issue.
Things to consider:

First: ensure that your albums directory has its permissions set according to the install instructions.

triple checked. I can add via the web without a issue.

Second: having created a "test" album via FTP, and then creating an album using "test" as the ID should have returned an "album already exists" error due to the fact that an album's ID corresponds to its directory name on the server.

I did not receive a "album already exists" error message. and again I tried the same steps.
1. create albums/test directory
2. via web do create album with the album id of "test"
no error and I can see the album
However I can not add media to the "test" album via the web, it says "filename already exists in album's directory" but via telnet it is not there.

Third: It seems that in some cases, for reasons to boring to get into, an album directory as well as any items contained in that directory need to have permissions adjusted when that directory and/or media belonging to that directory has been created via FTP. Some servers are setup in such a way that anything accomplished via FTP is not readable via PHP and, less often, vice versa.

What are the specific permission & ownership settings. even when I change it back to nobody:nobody it doesn't work.

I did this as another test.
1. I created an album
2. I added media via the web.
3. I wrote down all the permissions for the file & directory
4. I changed the ownership of just the directory to a user that could FTP to that directory
5. I changed the group & all sub files back to the original ownership & group "nobody:nobody"
6. I scan directories.
7. 0 Media files found.
8. I attempted to add another file via "add media" worked fine.

One other unlikely possibility: ensure that your $INM_CONF['path_albums'] is equal to that path wherein you are placing your media.
this is correctly set.
$INM_CONF['path_albums'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'plugins/inmemoriam/albums/';

What should i do next?

I should tell you i am runing on;

UNIX / FreeBSD
Dedicated Server
Running WHM / cPanel

Thanks,
Kelly

KellyK

Forum User
I have set all the permissions to 777 for albums and everything below.

This should be the widest permissions set possible.

Still not working.

It simply says 0 media found.

Am i missing something simple here?

machinari

Forum User
Media must conform to those media types that are defined in Inmemoriam's config.php--perhaps that is the issue.

try these steps...
- create an album via the album editor
- note the ID (that will be your folder name)
- find that folder on the server and add your media via FTP
- ensure perms reflect 777 for all items you've created via FTP
- run your scan.

do not create an album twice as you've noted previously... creating an album via FTP and then an album by the same ID via the editor should be returning an error, but I neglected that potentiality in the code apparently. The error will be generated if the ID is already recorded in the database however.

Note: the scan function should be able to detect any accessible folders as well as accessible media items within those folders. That said, if your paths are ok and your perms are fine, then I have no idea why your scan is returning "0 media items found."

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
i am haveing the same issue with 1.0. i havent upgraded to 1.0.1 yet

Wednesday, December 07 2005 @ 12:23 PM EST
Media must conform to those media types that are defined in Inmemoriam's config.php--perhaps that is the issue.

try these steps...
- create an album via the album editor
- note the ID (that will be your folder name)
- find that folder on the server and add your media via FTP
- ensure perms reflect 777 for all items you've created via FTP
- run your scan.

do not create an album twice as you've noted previously... creating an album via FTP and then an album by the same ID via the editor should be returning an error, but I neglected that potentiality in the code apparently. The error will be generated if the ID is already recorded in the database however.

Note: the scan function should be able to detect any accessible folders as well as accessible media items within those folders. That said, if your paths are ok and your perms are fine, then I have no idea why your scan is returning "0 media items found."

glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

machinari

Forum User
my bad, just found the problem...
when I added support for video, audio, etc. I neglected to complete my changes in the ftp functions..

in your public_html/admin/plugins/inmemoriam/index.php find every instance of "in_array" and replace with "array_key_exists" .. no need to make any other changes.

that's it. works now. In a few hours I'll put up a fixed file at summitpages.ca.

KellyK

Forum User
Quote by machinari:
in your public_html/admin/plugins/inmemoriam/index.php find every instance of "in_array" and replace with "array_key_exists" .. no need to make any other changes.

That worked for me. Yipee!! Big Celebration

I did notice a few other things;

1. it recongnizes .mpeg but not .mpg, i had to rename all my files to .mpeg.

2. When i push play for a video it forces me to download rather than play in the browser or in a browser popup. --- this would be a nice User preference where the user can choose popup,same window, or download. (this only happens for wmv, other wise my quicktime plays it in the browser, but its not HTML based)

3. When i play the slideshow i completly loose the geeklog layout. it becomes a plain grey background with no layout components at all. And i have to press back many times to get to the original screen or click on the image.

4. As admin i can not vote or leave a comment. As a "logged-in user" i can vote but i still can not see the post comment section.

5. I created a members uploads which works fine, but the watermarking only allows me to seclet "default watermark"

Feature Requests; praying it will work

1. Ability to assign specific thumbnails for videos

2. Jave Slideshow like in Media gallery --- Nice user preference again

3. Ability to turn on/off displying picture details under the thumbnails & images

4. Ability to allow users to only vote once per image

5. Ability to sort by filename

6. Ability to set to disable right click save image.

7. Ability to set watermark permissions for members adding media

8. Ability to make all member submitted files have a default watermark.

I cant think of anymore and i am sure some of these have probably been asked for before. Smile

I must say this is the absolute best plug-in..

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

machinari

Forum User
Kelly, you need to take a quick look around the software and the usage doc. many of your features and/or issues are taken care of by just reading the doc including your video file extension, comment and rating functions, default sort, splash screen, album thumbnail, and some others.

voting isn't allowed for your own media. quick change in the code is all it would take to change this if you like.
The comment engine is disabled by default--look for it in the album editor.

the slideshow template file is easily editable however you like. image details can be removed from the template file if you like, etc.
I don't like the java slideshow Just my two cents

etc., etc.

using a particular image/frame for a video thumb is on my list

as far as using a plugin to play video/audio or downloading to play, I went with the latter because of my personal preference and also my unwillingness to download a 30 meg plugin just so I can use quicktime in my browser to watch a 2 meg file. You have to download it anyway whether it plays in the browser or not. I would stream it if I knew everybody's server was setup the same way.

KellyK

Forum User
Yes actually i noticed a lot of the stuff as I was playing with the plugin. my bad for not reading everything first.

i adjusted my list above already. I will keep looking and see what else i have missed. Smile

As for the video, yes i meant streaming.

And for the slideshow it would be nice as a user preference.

thanks again. killer plugin.

Hakan Törehan

Anonymous
I'll add that to my list. thanks.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content