Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 04:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inmemoriam bug report

Page navigation

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Robin:First of all there is I believe a typo in para.thtml. There is for="id" and should be form="id".
actually it should be for="id", which is just a label attribute corresponding to the select input name="id".
Quote by Robin:Next thing that causes a lot of validation errors is the & in functions.inc. After changing it into &ampsemicolon errors disapeared.
yes, I've been fixing those as I go through the code again.
Quote by Robin:
Polish translation should be available soon Very Happy
I've had a look at your site and noticed the work you've done. i'm VERY impressed--that is a lot of work.

berber

Forum User
Junior
will you add a reply here when the new ver is out?

Robin

Forum User
Quote by machinari:actually it should be for="id", which is just a label attribute corresponding to the select input name="id".

OK so I changed it back. Upon page validation I get this warning that you can see here
Any Ideas how to fix it praying it will work
Geeklog Polish Support Team

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Robin:Any Ideas how to fix it praying it will work
you can place the "for" attribute before the "class" attribute and see if the validator reads it differently. My guess is that this is a bug in the validator because I don't see any wrong with it. To get rid of the error, just remove the "for" attribute altogether--it isn't absolutely necessary in this case anyway and should validate fine without it.

machinari

Forum User
sorry my bad. just remove the "for" attribute. It is to be associated with the input's ID attribute rather than the "name" attribute. That means you'll find this error in validation in all your admin editors etc as well. Leaves me speechless

Robin

Forum User
Quote by machinari: just remove the "for" attribute.

Thanks Machinari Its a deal - shaking hands that did the trick Very Happy
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Euan

Forum User
Hi, just installed Inmemoriam 0.8.5 on Apache 2 and PHP 5.0.4, Geeklog 1.3.11sr1.

Everything seems to work perfectly - thumbs are created, albums are created, etc - but I cannot see any images. All permissions seem fine to me.
Read through this post, but nothing seems the same. Any ideas would be nice.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

mach

Anonymous
you can see thumbnails? but not scaled or full size images?
do you get an error when you click on full size?

so far the most common issue causing this problem has been that the pear files are not making it into the php include path. Usually this is caused by people not reading the install doc and/or needing the fix that is specified in the first post of this thread.

anyway, tommorrow the upgrade should be out. Perhaps one of the billion bug fixes in there will do you.

Euan

Forum User
No, no images/thumbs are visible. All appear broken.
Thumbs ARE being created though - I can see them in the albums folder, just not when I view anything.
I followed instructions to the letter, and am sure that there is nothing wrong with the setup. I'll wait for tomorrows release though before spending more time on this.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

machinari

Forum User
by the way, 0.9.0 was released yesterday, but it hasn't been approved here yet so you can get it at summitpages.ca

see this post for more info.

berber

Forum User
Junior
I copied the files and then the pear problem started again. can't find transform.php. Also, the admin shows 0.8.5/0.8.5 and not 0.8.5/0.9.0

berber

Forum User
Junior
Damn permissions Smile
After actually copying the files and not only thinking that i copied them the upgrade went as detailed in the docs.

Will update if there is any problem.

thanks

berber

Forum User
Junior
How can i change the name of the plugin on the top menu?

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber: How can i change the name of the plugin on the top menu?
language file... $LANG_INM01[1]

feel free to start a new thread anytime dudes Wink

berber

Forum User
Junior
I don't know about a new thread... this one seems to be doing the work Smile

How about a dedicated forum for this amazing album?
I'm sure that the guys at geeklog can do something.

If not, i can open one specially for you on http://www.weberforums.com Smile or you can open one on your site....

it's hard enough finding this thread each time i open my browser...

berber

Forum User
Junior
When trying to register i get :

[29-Oct-2005 21:37:14] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/....../system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

Currently i get this only on users.php

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber: When trying to register i get :

[29-Oct-2005 21:37:14] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/....../system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

Currently i get this only on users.php
...and this has what to do with Inmemoriam? are you suggesting that your inability to access users.php has something to do with Inmemoriam? I don't see how it could, but if it does, remove the pear include stuff from the functions.inc file and see if that does you.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by berber:How about a dedicated forum for this amazing album?
thy this.

berber

Forum User
Junior
I'm not sure if it's connected to Inmemoriam but the only PEAR changes made lately were related to Inmemoriam.

I managed to track the problem down to the stage where the user needs to get his pass via mail.

/system/pear/Mail.php calls require_once 'PEAR.php';

This is where it fails and returns Cannot redeclare class pear in /home/WWW/megira/system/pear/PEAR.php on line 0

I have just commented out your "quick fix for geeklog's pear path not included in php.ini" and it all works ok.

please advise.

machinari

Forum User
I probably should have thought of this, but let's limit the call to pear to the script that will actually use it rather than having the path included every time any page is loaded. Take the pear include stuff from the functions.inc file and place it just above the require_once ('Image/Transform.php'); in the image-functions.inc file.

That will fix your problem, and it just might fix Trinity's problem also. As I was debugging this, I was finally able to reproduce Trinity's issue on my own box and fixed it by doing the above.
I've only been able to reproduce the issue on a windows box however, *nix just seems to always work. Leaves me speechless

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content