Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 02:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help! My site is under attack!

Page navigation

ByteEnable

Forum User
Quote by Matt: I'm being hit hard by these folks too, with the antiquemarketplace referrer.

Contact the owner using whois.sc and demand that he legally stop spamming you.

antiquemarketplace

[whois info removed -- Dirk]

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ByteEnable: antiquemarketplace

Matt was hit by spam for antiquemarketplace.net, while you quoted the whois information for the .com domain, which belongs to someone else entirely.

antiquemarketplace.net is one of the domains used by the Zahariev brothers (aka The Bulgarians). Forget about complaining to them ...

If at all, complain to Moniker, their registrar, but be prepared that they may forward your email to the owners. Moniker knows who their customers are (they have been told by several people many times) but refuse to do anything about it. I guess when you have (at least) 2500 domains registered with a registrar, you're somewhat immune.

Just to put things in perspective ...

bye, Dirk

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for all the advice everyone. It does seem to come in waves, and comes from so many different IPs and Domain names that some of the straightforward methods really don't work.

I couldn't figure out the header filter method you were talking about with Spam-X. Could you detail that a bit?
Luhme summa dat GL.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by DubiousChrisJ: I couldn't figure out the header filter method you were talking about with Spam-X. Could you detail that a bit?

You need 2 entries. For the "Content" field, it's simply .* (dot star) in both cases. For the "Header", have one entry X-AAAAAAAAAA (that's 10 As) and one entry X-AAAAAAAAAAAA (12 As).

bye, Dirk

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
BAD BEHAVIOR! It is working like a charm. Now my spambot traffic and legit traffic are in seperate logs, at least, and that is good enough for me.

Thanks Dirk! Big Celebration
Luhme summa dat GL.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content