Geeklog Forums

Comments not displaying

Sonnyb

Forum User
Junior
confused
Take a look here:
http://www.bertoncini.net/blog/index.php?topic=IP
I posted a test comment on the first article in the topic, but I don't see it. "Comments Enabled" is selected in the Story editor.

Here's the relavent comment settings from config.php
Text Formatted Code
// Comment Settings
$_CONF['commentspeedlimit']     = 45;
$_CONF['comment_limit']         = 100;        // Default Number of Comments und$
$_CONF['comment_mode']          = 'threaded'; // Default Comment Mode; from 'th$
// Allow / disallow comments to stories by default (can be changed individually$
$_CONF['comment_code']          = 0; // 0 = comments enabled, -1 = disabled

$_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 0;

The comment counter next to the topic name in the left block doesn't increment either.

I had user themes off, I turned it back on to use a theme I haven't customized, but it's still broken. I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Sonnyb

Forum User
Junior
silly
Weird, I changed the theme several times and got no comments. I logged out and back in several times, no comments. I posted here, went back and suddenly there's comments.

Must be pixie dust from the forum that fixed it, or maybe old code was cached someplace or aliens sabatoged me. I better line my room with with aluminium foil to keep those evil aliens from controlling my mind, I hate it when that happens. Laughing

Sonnyb

Forum User
Junior
Playing with it a bit more I notice that when dynamic mode is selected for comments they go away. I have to go back to user prefs and change the mode for it to work again. Is this normal behavior?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Dynamic mode is experiemental and will probably be disabled by default when 1.3.12 is released (if not removed entirely). Only the most current IE and Mozilla browsers are known to work with dynamic comments. Several (including Opera, IE <= 5.5) are known to not work correctly.

Also, you need to make sure you update your comment themes as some additional templates were needed to implement dynamic comments. (Make sure all the files in geeklog/public_html/layout/professional/comments/ exist in the theme you're using.

-Vinny

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content