Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

New install and very confused

bcjr

Anonymous
Can anyone please help me with the install? I went to the install file in the download and I am still confused. Do I ftp all the folders: docs, etc, language, logs, plugins, public_html, sql? or do I just upload one of them? Is there better step by step instructions on the install then the one in the docs folder? Thank you in advance for any help.

kerrygarvey

Anonymous
Hi there I will try to help I just installed mine and can share what i have learned. but remember this is partly the blind leading the blind. so first off what version did you attempt to install? 1.3.4 or the latest release? and how far did the first install get? ----- In Search of Inteligent Light Art, Music, and events in Georgian Bay Ontario

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
I'll only address how to get the files over to your server. The exact installation procedure will depend on the version of Geeklog you are using. Assume on your server your webtree is at /home/johndoe/public_html. You need to decide a couple of things here: a) do you want Geeklog in your base web tree directory or in a subdirectory (e.g. /home/johndoe/public_html/geeklog). Let's assume you want it in your primary web directory. First thing you want to do is create a folder outside of your webtree to hold the Geeklog system files...something like /home/johndoe/geeklogconfig/ will do. On your local machine uncompress the tarball. this will create a geeklog-<version>/ directory. Change into that directory. From here all you need to do is FTP the contents of public_html to /home/johndoe/public_html. Then you want to delete your local public_html directory. Then you want to FTP the contents of geeklog-<version>/ on your local machine to /home/johndoe/geeklogconfig That's it. Now depending on the version of Geeklog you may have to edit some files locally and re-FTP them over. ----- The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
I have downloaded the version Geeklog 1.3.4

bcjr

Anonymous
Hi I downloaded the Geeklog 1.3.4 Thanks !

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content