Geeklog v2.1.2 is now available for download.
This version of Geeklog supports PHP 7 and the default install of MySQL 5.7. The minimum requirements have changed slightly and now are:
- PHP 5.3.3 or higher
- MySQL 4.1.2 or higher (MySQL 5 recommended)
- Postgresql 9.1.7 or later
We have also dropped support of MSSQL and have removed the Professional and Professional_CSS themes from the install.
New features and fixes in this version include:
- [Feature] Added Language override feature
- [Feature] Added an Admin page for comments maintenance
- [Feature] Added URL-routing feature which enables you to use public_html/index.php as a pseudo-front controller
- [Feature] Added an ability to change article template file with the topic
- [Feature] Added GitHub OAuth Login
- [Feature] Added $_CONF['theme_oauth_icons'] option to allow theme to use own OAuth icons
- [Feature] Reduced block lists in Block Manager
- [Feature] Added ability for Geeklog to detect device type (mobile or computer) of visitor
- [Feature] Blocks can display based on visitor device type
- [Feature] Geeklog Database Backup now works without using a external program to backup
- [Feature] Re-factored Geeklog install
- [Feature] Geeklog Install files can now be deleted on successful install or upgrade
- [Feature] New Denim Curve them which replicates the older Modern Curve theme. The Denim Curve theme is a child theme of the Denim theme
- [Bug] Geeklog can now handle emoji icons and 4-byte characters. They can either be removed from the input or saved (depending on website setup)
- [Bug] Daily Digest URLs in articles are converted into absolute URLs.
- [Bug] Topic Ids and Names reduced to 75 characters to support utf8mb4_xxx_ci MySQL character sets.
... as well as a lot of other improvements and bug fixes. The complete list can be found on Github and in the history text file located in the docs directory of this release.
Remember if you would like to chat with any of the community one of the best place to reach us is on Gitter in the Geeklog room.