The first beta version of Geeklog 2.1.0 is now available for download.
New features in this version include:
- Integrated Caching Template Library original developed by Joe Mucchiello
- Support for themes to specify a default theme. Default themes template and css files will be used unless they are included in the new theme directory
- Added configruable caching support for blocks (regular and gldefault), staticpages and articles
- Speed increases by caching topic tree structure
- What's Related article block now includes all Topics. Can set length of titles
- Articles now list what Topics they are filed under
- New related_topics autotag. It displays all topics an item belongs too
- New related_items autotag. It displays all other related items based on what topics the defined item belongs too
- Updated Command & Control layout. Plugins can now organized into groups
- New OAuth login methods supported (Google, Microsoft, Yahoo). OAuth supported now includes 1.0, 1.0a, and 2.0 (depends on what the provider supports)
- Numerous fixes for multi-language support
- Added CKEditor 4.3.2 as the default advanced editor for Geeklog
- New article render which fixes entities etc... from showing up where they shouldn't
- Article, Staticpages Poll and Topic IDs can now be 128 characters long
- User Login page now can be accessed directly without first displaying a login error message
- Fixed deadlock issues with the session table
- Updated Hebrew language files, provided by LWC
- jQuery can now be included in the header
- Updated to jQuery 1.10.2 and jQuery UI to 1.10.3
- Added a Filemanager
- Added timepicker jQuery control
... as well as a lot of other improvements. The complete list can be found in the history.txt file located in the release.
We would also like to put a request out there for translators. If you speak and write another language besides English or Japanese and would like to contribute to Geeklog please join the geeklog-translations mailing list. Translating Geeklog isn't complicated. Instructions can be found on the Geeklog Wiki or simply ask on the translation list.
We would like to encourage you to download this beta version, try it out, and give us your feedback. This is a beta version and it may still contain bugs. If you find any please report them in our Bug Tracker. Depending on what issues are found the development team hopes to have the final release of Geeklog 2.1.0 out by the end of April, 2014.
Geeklog.net also has been updated and is now running Geeklog 2.1.0 Beta 1.