Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 05:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Rotating banners

jen

Anonymous
I tried to do this in a static page using entropy banner cgi script running out of my host providers provided cpanel, but to no aviail.

Any plugins for Gl that run a rotating banenr program? If not what sot of script will work? JS? Php only?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I am at work and so do not have the hack. I have used the rotating banner in Cpanel with GL but you need to edit index.php I beleive. If nobody has responded by the time I get home I will see if I can find what I have done in the past for you.

Works great as I recall.

I shared the code with http://www.pickashot.com/ and it works for him. Maybe email him and ask for the code. He is a decent fellow. He may be faster than I.

Good Luck
Blah Blah Blah Blah ...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I seem to remember that people were successfully using phpAdsNew. Try searching for that ...

bye, Dirk

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
I have a script running here New Vision, click through, and, you can see how it is dropped in the source code and can pull the script source using the url with NoteTab. If you like the effect but can't get the script send an E-mail and I'll pass it on. Cheers.
William Brandes Consulting
www.wbrandes.com

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
So all I did was in the index.php for Geeklog I placed this code where it would display correctly. In the latest version you will have to play around a bit to figure out where that is. I did this ages ago but it should still work fine.

Text Formatted Code

//Banner code below not part of normal index.php code.
$cent = ("<center>");
$uncent = ("</center>");
$br = ("<br>");
$bann = exec("/home/username/public_html/cgi-bin/entropybanner.cgi username");
echo $cent;
echo $bann;
echo $uncent;

Good Luck

beewee

Forum User
I was also looking for a decent banner management script. I just installed NkAds, you can download it here.

I'm loving it already, it offers stats, image upload, usermanagement, max.impressions, easy install, and generates the PHP and Javascript code. I'm still having problems with the PHP code in the side blocks and header (PHP parsing and path problem), but you can use the javascript in the templates (header) and bloacks etc.

Just have to find a way to get rid of that nasty yellow background and the path problem. In the meanwhile, it's my favourite....
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content