Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

multi-language geeklog site

jnuker

Anonymous
hi!

is it possible to have a multi-language site with geeklog the way it's done in phpnuke? i.e. switch the language and display the right content?

thanks!

Euan

Forum User
I think I wrote an answer to this somewhere, but can't find it right now. It is possible, but you lose topics - ie you use each topic as a separate language, and show the topic depending on the user's language preference. I have a working version at War Records - but no real content yet.

Email me for info if you need any help.

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

jnuker

Anonymous
OK, i think i understand what you mean. i need to create the same topic names in multiple languages and show the specific ones when some language is chosen. i'll do some research now. thanks!

Euan

Forum User
That's right. You'll also need a language changer - it's in my downloads (http://heatherengineering.com/ ). I also made a phpblock menu that changes links depending on the language.

Cheers

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

kommunike

Forum User
determined
Hey Euan,

Dirk referred me to this post regarding a post I made earlier today. I went to your http://heatherengineering.com/ site in search of your your language changer block and could not find it.

How is the whole language switching thing working for you?

Kristina

Euan

Forum User
Oops. Seems to not be there. I've put it back now.

I've almost finished a page to explain how to create a completely (well, almost) multilingual installation here. I haven't checked it through yet, but I'll put it up for now.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems. It isn't too difficult, but then it does require a little understanding of Geeklog.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content