Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, May 19 2024 @ 05:49 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Few questions about files upload

zullop

Anonymous
Hi, I have a couple of questions: 1.Where do I set the max upload size limit for the filemanagmt plugin? 2. There is the possibility to upload via FTP and then being able to see it in the downloads section without using the 'create new file' option?

Blaine

Forum User
The max upload size is a webserver setting - specifically a php.ini setting. The default for "upload_max_filesize" is 2MB. You may also need to change the "max_execution_time" from the default of 30 sec as it may take longer to upload larger files - depends on your link speeds. There is currently no support for FTP or direct importing of files. Blaine
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

zullop

Anonymous
Hi Blaine, I had an idea... Imagine that I have a 50MB file that needs to be in the download section: I create and upload a 10kb .zip file called test.zip using the filemagt option, then, I go to the "/public_html/filemgmt_data/files" directory, I remove the file and I upload the file that I want with the same file name, test.zip but the real one Big Grin I will try but I'm sure that it will work.. Smile

Blaine

Forum User
Yes that will work and is how you would currently have to update the file - by replacing it.

Alternatively, you may want to include a file listing with your plugin and have it load the file from a remote server. I have documented how to do that here

Blaine

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

zullop

Anonymous
cool, thanks a lot dude.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:49 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content