Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Vertical Static Menu Module?

Roman

Anonymous
I really need a vertical menu on my home page for a city directory, but haven't been able to figure anything out. Is there anyway to make a module that just contains links to static pages?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
What's keeping you from creating all your static pages, then adding links to them from a block?
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Roman

Anonymous
I finally figured it out...Thanks!

anonymous

Anonymous
Hi -

On the Static Pages Edit Page, there is a checkbox for "Add To Menu:" and then it asks for the "Label:".

I check this and give it a label, but nothing shows up in any menu.

Is this an unfinished addition to the Static Pages? Or is there a bug perhaps? Or am I just overlooking where it adds the label (most likely)?

thanks for such a strong mod - and for including it into the official release --- leaps and bounds beyond other cms's i've worked with ---

thanks again!

samstone

Forum User
An easy answer is...

If you use a defaul theme, let's say the SmoothBlue, you will see the new static page is added to the menu bar if you check that option.

Hope this help!

Sam

jmichael

Forum User
Chatty
more specifically, not all themes use that menu bar. Check in your theme's directory for a header.thtml. If there is {plg_menu_elements} in there, it will display the menu bar.

The "plugin" menu contains menu entries put there by several plugins (faqman, forum to name a few) as well as static pages that "want" to be put there.

But it all depends on your theme's header.thtml

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content