Geeklog 2.0.0 is now available for download.
With Geeklog 2.0.0 we have raised the minimum system requirement if you use PostgreSQL as your database to 9.1.7 or later. The required PHP Version of 5.2.0 or greater remains the same.
There are a number of new features and fixes with this version of Geeklog. These include:
- Improved strength of password hashing
- Allow Topics to have child Topics
- Allow Articles, Blocks and other Plugin objects to be associated with more than one Topic
- Topic Breadcrumb support
- Emergency Rescue Tool is included with the Geeklog Install
- Added support for MySQLi
- Add Stop Forum Spam and Spam Number of Links Modules to Spam-X
- A new theme called Denim which is based on Responsive Web Design
- A new theme called Modern Curve
- Comments Form on same page as Articles and plugin other Plugin objects
- Comments RSS Feed Plugin now integrated into Geeklog
- Includes updated versions of jQuery to 1.9.1 and jQuery UI to 1.10.1
- Updated FCKeditor version to 2.6.9
- XSS fixes for the Install, Configuration, Topic Editor, Polls Plugin and Calendar Plugin
- Twitter OAuth API updated
- HTML 5 DOCTYPE
Please note: With Geeklog 2.0.0 plugins that install and/or access blocks, or access article topics, most likely will be not compatible. If you use any plugins that perform these functions please check with the plugin developer to make sure they are compatible before upgrading Geeklog. If you are not sure about 1 or more plugins and still wish to upgrade your Geeklog website then either disable the plugin(s) or uninstall it. All Core plugins have been updated and support Geeklog 2.0.0
Developers, please read more below to find out what has changed or is new in Geeklog that may affect development of themes and plugins.