Trackbacks last 2 weeks

No new trackback comments

Links last 2 weeks

No recent new links

NEW FILES last 14 days

No new files

Welcome to Geeklog Wednesday, April 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM EDT

Forum Index > Support > General Geeklog Support New Topic Post Reply
 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by...

Anonymous: Anonymous
 01/10/02 03:30PM (Read 33967 times)  

Install all went well, except I get this at the top ofthe page when loading Geeklog. Any ideas? Win2K server

Tony
 01/10/02 04:06PM  
AAAAA
Admin

Well, that tells me that not all went well. Chances are there is an error that is trying to print but the headers have already be sent which is giving you the error you got. What the error is, for sure, will be hard to say without doing some poking around. First double check you config.php file that all paths are correct and then double check lib-database.php that you DB stuff is right. Do you see the page at all? A URL to the page causing the problem would be a help too.

--Tony

The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Profile Email Website
 01/11/02 10:19AM  

I can see the page

http://geeklog.my.intranet/admin/install/success.php

but at the top I get

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\geeklog-1.3\config.php:546) in c:\apache\htdocs\geeklog-1.3\system\lib-sessions.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\geeklog-1.3\config.php:546) in c:\apache\htdocs\geeklog-1.3\system\lib-sessions.php on line 145

The lib-database.php file looks fine, and the config.php looks OK except some mixed backslashes and frontslashes in the paths. I tried to change these to all backslashes since I am running on Win2K, but then the page doesn't load at all. I first tried to make them all backslashes in the install process, but the first 2 or 3 options when inputing path data in the install cannot be changed.

Tony
 01/11/02 05:57PM  
AAAAA
Admin

Yeah, what you need to do is at the end of lib-sessions.php there is probably a whitespace at the end of the file after the '?>'. All you need to do is remove the whitespace and you should be OK

The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Profile Email Website
 01/15/02 07:23AM  

I had the same problem, but I just fixed mine... the line number referred to in config.php didn't exist (like 292 or something) and it ended up being the whitespace at the end of the config.php file. Just take it out, and everything should be ok. Thanks for the tip! =)

06/15/02 10:15PM  

I did both. There is no space and I still get the error
I can't login at all. When I go to my main index.php it says:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 263

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/public_html/users.php on line 398

I also can't login. It has the errors

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/system/lib-sessions.php on line 263

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/public_html/users.php on line 398

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/public_html/users.php on line 399

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mrush/config.php:275) in /home/mrush/public_html/users.php on line 419

Can't login, can't change settings, I get thousands of errors, can't make an account and GET MY PASSWORD EMAILED TO ME, can't get technical support. I really don't see the use of Geeklog.

Anonymous: GeeklogLover
 12/14/12 05:02AM  

In my situation Everything worked fine, until my Hosting service said the domain had to be hosted on it's own as requests to the page was causing their CPU to read 33% high all the time. Once the Name server was changed, the site cannot display and outputs the error below when MyGeeklogsite.com is searched.

HELP Please:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/system/lib-custom.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/httpdocs:/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/logs:/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/storage:/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/web_users:/usr/local/4admin/apache/lib/php:/usr/local/4admin/apache/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/4admin/phpstuff:/usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/addon) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/lib-common.php on line 6834

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/lib-common.php:6834) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/lib-common.php on line 6847

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.comlib-common.php:6834) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/MyGeeklogSite.com/lib-common.php on line 6848
Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.

suprsidr
 12/15/12 04:01PM  
+++++

open_basedir restriction in effect

Only server admin can fix that.

ask your host

-s

FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.54 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to post 
Filtered HTML Allowed