Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 04:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Only Story Editors Can Use the Advanced Editor

Page navigation

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
All those pictures of the editors in your link actually does show the CKEditor. That is the CKEditor with the basic toolbar.

The actual story editor for the story admin defaults to the common toolbar (you can select between 4 toolbars).

Do you want the story submission editor to have a more complex toolbar?

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
I feel a bit dumb now. I was thrown off because the admin submission page shows a specific option for an advanced editor, and the ability to switch to the full-featured mode.

Ideally I would like the full-featured mode to be the default. At the very least I would like it to be accessible. The reason I need the full-featured mode is so that users can format their text right to left, and the other modes do not allow for that. If there is a way to enable the right-to-left toggle and keep the common toolbar, that might be the best option.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
This should get you what you want (I hope you understand a bit about html):

Text Formatted Code

<div id="text_editor" style="display: {show_texteditor};">
                          <dt><label for="introtext">{lang_story}</label></dt>
                          <dd>
                                  <textarea cols="45" rows="15" name="introtext" id="introtext" class="wide">{story_introtext}</textarea>
                          </dd>
                </div>
                <div id="html_editor" style="display: {show_htmleditor};">
                        <dt><label for="fckeditor_toolbar_selector">{$LANG24[70]}</label></dt>
                        <dd><select id="fckeditor_toolbar_selector" name="fckeditor_toolbar_selector" onchange="changeToolbar(this.value);">
                                  <option value="editor-toolbar1">{$LANG24[71]}</option>
                                  <option value="editor-toolbar2" selected="selected">{$LANG24[72]}</option>
                                  <option value="editor-toolbar3">{$LANG24[73]}</option>
                                  <option value="Default">{$LANG24[75]}</option>
                                </select></dd>                 
                          <dt><label for="introtext">{lang_story}</label></dt>
                          <dd>
                      <textarea cols="45" rows="15" name="introhtml" id="introhtml" class="wide">{story_introtext}</textarea>
                          </dd>
                </div>

I took part of this code from the Admin story editor.

Add it to the template file in your theme under /submit/submitstory_advanced.thtml

under the topic selection and remove the old story label and textarea code.

This will add in the toolbar. I added some language variables to the labels since the template variables are not filled in by Geeklog (would require modifying of core).

You can also change the selected="selected" part to what option you want to be selected first.

I tested this and it all worked well.

Tom

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

bedouin

Forum User
Junior
Thanks a million. That solved my problem perfectly, and CKEditor seems to work under iOS as well. Now I need to look at the CKEditor config and see if there is a way to make the left to right toggle appear in the basic toolbar.

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content