Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:30 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

upgrade issues fom 1.8.2sr1 to 2.1.0

1000ideen

Forum User
E_USER_ERROR(256) - 1054: Unknown column 'whos_online' in 'field list' @ /var/www/web/files/system/databases/mysqli.class.php line 279

Looks like the upgrade fails. This seems to be a known error Unknown column 'whos_online', is there any bug fix?

1000ideen

Forum User
No, I don`t have an topic_assignments table either...

1000ideen

Forum User
I tried to manually arrange the missing columns like whos_online but now the upgrade process gets stuck right after pressing "upgrade". I only see a white page.

There should be a solution for not being able to upgrade as I have a few geeklogs running.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I wonder at what part of the MySQL upgrade it fails at... We should add a bit more reporting during upgrades so we can figure these things out easier

What plugins do you have installed?

If the plugin doesn't support 2.0.0 then it might break the Geeklog install. To get around this I would disable all plugins that are not part of the core.

A few people have reported issues upgrading from 1.8.2 to 2.0.0. On my sites I did not have any issues and the stock install of Geeklog upgrades fine.

Depending on what you say about the plugins, for me to look into this further I will probably need a copy of your site to test.

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:30 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content