Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 02:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

FCKeditor error

MrG

Anonymous
Getting the following error when trying to insert an image from the server .....

You don't have permission to access /fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html on this server

.... I'm just starting to populate my new site, and if I try to insert an image that I've uploaded to my site, the above error comes up. I can upload images to an article with no problem and place them using the [imagex] command, but I'd rather ftp all the images and then just go get them.

The fckeditor files all exist and were installed during the geeklog installation, which was done automatically through my HostGator account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

::Ben

Forum User
Hello,

Seems to be a hostgator issue
You will need to contact hostgator support and ask them to add the site and possibly just the file browser.html to their whitelist. They are running some sort of mod_security on apache and it's detecting an exception and trigger the security violation and thus blocking access to the needed files.

See this topic.

::Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

MrG

Anonymous
Hey Ben;

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. It was a HostGator issue. They resolved it with no hesitation. They did tell me that a program such as the FCKeditor is always blocked by their security system because of the way it executes. They watched as I got the error to be sure they took care of all the issues for me.

What a pleasure working with folks like yourself.

Have a great day.

Rich

ragortue

Forum User
Good for you this was resolved right away. For me, it took around 2 weeks for the issue to finally get acknowledged.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content