Welcome to Geeklog Thursday, November 23 2017 @ 09:16 pm EST


Status: offline

gtgillis

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 05/11/2003
Posts: 121
Location:Spring, TX
In the Admin menu under Tools I click on the Configuration link and I get the error shown below.

An error has occurred:

(This text is only displayed to users in the group 'Root'Wink

E_WARNING(2) - array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given @ /var/system/classes/config.class.php line 1989

Call Stack
# Function File Line
1 array_key_exists /var/system/classes/config.class.php 1989
2 _UI_autocomplete_data /var/system/classes/config.class.php 798
3 get_ui /var/www/admin/configuration.php 602

Status: offline

gtgillis

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 05/11/2003
Posts: 121
Location:Spring, TX
Oh, I should also mention that there is nothing in the log files.

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/2005
Posts: 1240
Did this happen this after an upgrade or plugin install?
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

gtgillis

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 05/11/2003
Posts: 121
Location:Spring, TX
Quote by: Laugh

Did this happen this after an upgrade or plugin install?



I uninstalled Filemgmt because it would not allow me to change the settings then I installed the Download plugin. I have since tried to uninstall the Download plugin but I still get the error.

Status: offline

remy

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 09/06/2003
Posts: 141
Location:Rotterdam & Bonn
Looks like you have a naming clash of a language file.
Current plugins use the -utf8 versions. Filemgmt only has 'english'.

Maybe the filemgmt plugin is not fully de-installed?

Status: offline

gtgillis

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 05/11/2003
Posts: 121
Location:Spring, TX
Quote by: remy

Looks like you have a naming clash of a language file.
Current plugins use the -utf8 versions. Filemgmt only has 'english'.

Maybe the filemgmt plugin is not fully de-installed?



As far as I can tell it is fully uninstalled. All files and directories are gone and I did a database search for Filemgmt and found nothing.

I do have Filemgmt running on another site that has GL 2.1.0 installed and it works fine.


Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/2005
Posts: 1240
A quick look at the code (are line numbers are not the same) it looks like it is failing where the search autocomplete function is checking to see if a label exists for a config value.

PHP Formatted Code

                            // Check to see if label exists for config name
                            if (array_key_exists($conf, $LANG_confignames[$group])) {
 


It looks like some config values got left behind for the file manager plugin. With the files gone and the plugin (mostly) uninstalled Geeklog will not find the language files for the labels.

You will need to access your database (most likely with phpMYAdmin) and go to your Geeklog database and the gl_conf_values table.

You will need to delete any records that are for the file management plugin. They all will have the same group_name (I am not sure what it is for the file management plugin but it probably starts with file).

You should backup your database before you do any deleting.

Hope this helps.

Tom

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

remy

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 09/06/2003
Posts: 141
Location:Rotterdam & Bonn
Don't forget to check permissions too. I believe filemgmt uses a group permission 'downloads' which is in use by the download plugin as well. Possibly that your uninstall of fielmgmt killed the download plugin.
Maybe uninstalling filemgmt and download first, THAN install download plugin. See what happens.

Finally, be sure to load the latest version of the download plugin, since some earlier versions needed some tricks due to values and directories hanging around from filemgmt.

Status: offline

gtgillis

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 05/11/2003
Posts: 121
Location:Spring, TX
Quote by: Laugh

A quick look at the code (are line numbers are not the same) it looks like it is failing where the search autocomplete function is checking to see if a label exists for a config value.

PHP Formatted Code

                            // Check to see if label exists for config name
                            if (array_key_exists($conf, $LANG_confignames[$group])) {
 


It looks like some config values got left behind for the file manager plugin. With the files gone and the plugin (mostly) uninstalled Geeklog will not find the language files for the labels.

You will need to access your database (most likely with phpMYAdmin) and go to your Geeklog database and the gl_conf_values table.

You will need to delete any records that are for the file management plugin. They all will have the same group_name (I am not sure what it is for the file management plugin but it probably starts with file).

You should backup your database before you do any deleting.

Hope this helps.

Tom



I had already done this. I searched gl_conf_values and no entries for filemgmt. I browsed the table and did find a some leftover entries for the menu plugin which I had removed recently. I deleted those menu entries from the table and my admin configuration is now working again.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

All times are EST. The time is now 09:16 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content