Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 02:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static Pages again

Chris1452

Forum User
stressed
Installed Geeklog and set about trying to work out how to create static pages. Well I managed to create 1 as a 'test' however I can't see any way to get that page at the centre of the site!!

I looked at 'Blocks' and it gives options right or left... not centre. Maybe I'm just transferring my expectations from Xoops et al but it seems a lot less user friendly than I'd hoped. In Xoops (for example) I can tell the program where to place my blocks, unfortunately I couldn't get their static pages to work the way I wanted either. Big Grin

My intention is to create a site as follows.

1. Welcome and Introduction in centre with links to (a) dictionary and (b) forum
2. Dictionary with links to 'A' - 'Z' pages
3. Forum where visitors can discuss the contents.
4. Menu across the top which includes a link to the dictionary, the forum, and home page.

To me on paper this seems relatively straightforward using boilerplate and plugins... but for the life of me I can't seem to get off the ground! I don't mean to criticise the documentation, and I know this is all opensource, and I *am* really grateful for everyone's hard work... but I'm really frustrated that I can't work out how to (literally) get from 'a to b'. Big Grin

Is there somewhere that explains the fundamentals in a simpler format for someone who has some experience (but clearly not enough) like me to read?? Big Grin

::Ben

Forum User
Hi,

Edit your staic page and check Centerblock and choose Homepage only
When checked, this Static Page will be displayed as a center block on the index page.

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

Chris1452

Forum User
hopeful
Quote by: ::Ben

Hi,

Edit your staic page and check Centerblock and choose Homepage only

When checked, this Static Page will be displayed as a center block on the index page.

Ben

Thanks again... one step closer!

I wish I could read the instructions better. It all seems so complicated!! Big Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content